REKHA ROSE KOSHY M.Sc., BEd
Department of Chemistry
Bishop Moore College (NAAC Reaccredited with B grade)
Kerala, India, 690110
Kerala, India, 690106
Mobile : 8891619557l
Master of Science, Chemistry, Marthoma College, Thiruvalla, Mahatma Gandhi University 2007.
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Marthoma College, Thiruvalla, Mahatma Gandhi University 2005.
Indian Patent entitled “CRYSTALLINE CHITIN NANO WHISKER AND COMPOSITES THEREOF” by The Government of India (Patent Number: IN 329388).
Completed UGC minor project entitled Environment friendly green composite based on soy protein isolate and castor oil.
Completed UGC minor research project entitled Biodegradable Soy protein for Potential Applications.
Area of research: Polymer nanocomposites
Working as a part time research fellow at CMS college,MG University ,Kottayam.
Working as Assistant Professor in the Research and Post Graduate (DST‐ FIST sponsored) Department of Chemistry, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, India, since 1st June 2011.
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
1) "Preparation of pH sensitive film based on starch/carbon nano dots incorporating anthocyanin for monitoring spoilage of pork." Food Control 126 (2021): 108039.
2) "Environment friendly green composites based on soy protein isolate: A Review." Food Hydrocolloids 50 (2015): 174- 192.
3) "Development of starch based intelligent films by incorporating anthocyanins of butterfly pea flower and TiO2 and their applicability as freshness sensors for prawns during storage." RSC Advances 10, no. 65 (2020): 39822-39830.
4) "New-fangled sources of cellulose extraction: comparative study of the effectiveness of Cissus latifolia and Ficus benghalensis cellulose as a filler." Materials Chemistry Frontiers 3, no. 10 (2019): 2025-2031.
Author of the book
Starch, chitin and chitosan based composites and nanocomposites. Springer International Publishing, 2019.
1) "Adhesion in Biocomposites: A Critical Review." Reviews of Adhesion and Adhesives 8, no. 4 (2020): 527-553.
2) "Biodegradation of Polysaccharide and Protein Based Aerogels." In Biobased Aerogels, pp. RSC Publications. 151-157. 2018.
2) "Rheological Properties of Nanocomposites Based on Cellulose Nanofibrils and Cellulose Nanocrystals." Handbook of nanocellulose and cellulose nanocomposites 2 (2017): 481-521.
3) "Soy Protein-and Starch-Based Green Composites/Nanocomposites: Preparation, Properties, and Applications" Eco-friendly Polymer Nanocomposites. Springer India, 2015. 433-467.
4) "Extraction and Characterization of Cellulose Nanofibers from Banana Plant." Handbook of Polymer Nanocomposites. Processing, Performance and Applications. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2015. 65-80
5) " Biopolymer nanocomposites: processing, properties, and applications. Wiley, Hoboken, NJ (2013): 203-226.
6) "Starch‐Based Bionanocomposite: Processing Techniques." Biopolymer Nanocomposites: Processing, Properties, and Applications (2013): Wiley: 203-226.
1) Presented a paper on the topic, “Fabrication and Characterization of chitin nanowhisker reinforced soy protein isolate film for packaging applications” at International Conference on Emerging Trends in Computational and Materials Chemistry Research,9-12th November,2020 organized by the Research and Post Graduate department of Chemistry & Polymer Chemistry, Kumbalathu Sankupillai Memorial Devasom board College, Sasthamkotta, Kerala. (Best paper Award)
2)Presented a paper on the topic, “Fabrication and Characterisation of Nano Titanium dioxide reinforced Soy Protein green composite” at International seminar on Recent Research and Developments in Material Science”-RRDMS-2019 organized by All Saints College, Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala- (Best Paper Award)
3) Presented a paper on the topic, “Environmental Friendly Green Composites Based on Soy Protein Isolate and Nano Titaniumdioxide” at International conference on Advances in Polymer Science and Technology, New Delhi. Nov 23-25, 2017, organized by IIT Delhi, CIPET, in association with Asian Polymer Association, SBAOI and Indo Italian Forum on biomaterials & Tissue Engineering.
4) Paper presentation on the topic, “Environmental friendly green composites based on soy protein isolate and cellulose nano fibrils” at 26 th Kerala Science Congress held at Pookode Wayanad on 28-31 January 2014.
5) Poster presentation on the topic Environmental friendly green Composite based on soy protein isolate at National seminar on recent advances in Polymer Science and Technology organised by Society of Polymer Science India on 24 September 2011.