Minutes of the IQAC meeting held on 05.06.2013 at 2.30 P M in the Principals cabin.
The following members were present.
Dr.Thomas kuruvilla, Dr. Sabu George, .Dr. Leelama George., Dr.Ranjith Mathew Abraham , Dr. P.K.Varghese, Dr.Laly Jacob, Dr.Anne Angeline Abraham.
The members evaluated various activities of the college during 2012-13.The following decisions were made in the meeting:
- The IQAC decided to bring out the college news letter including the activities of the various departments during the previous academic year.
- It also decided to undertake a new initiative – ‘ The Mentee Chronicle’. This would be a comprehensive record to kept by a mentor/ warden regarding his/her mentees. The mentees chronicle for all first year wardens would be printed along the names and photos of the and mentees, once the first year admissions are complete. The IQAC entrusted the drafting and printing of the Mentees chronicle to Dr. P K Varghese.
- The IQAC ,decided to seek the cooperation of all the teaching and non teaching staff during the process of admissions to the first year degree courses.
- Since the college is celebrating the golden jubilee in 2014,it was decided to organize one year long ‘Golden Jubilee celebrations’ including various academic and extracurricular activities. It was also decide to initiate an environment personality to inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations.
- The IQAC also decided to submit a proposal to the department of Science and Technology(DST) for the FIST project for the up gradation of scientific research infrastructure. The proposal should be prepared jointly by the research departments of Physics and Chemistry.
- It was also decide to give all support to the dept. of English for taking up to the 21 day ASAP TPS course(two batches) to identify and train soft skill trainers.
- The IQAC decide to entrust the responsibility of bringing out the college hand book and calendar for the academic year with publication committee.
- It was decided to conduct an orientation on curriculum delivery to the first year students and their parents on the day on which first year degree classes commence.
The meeting came to an end at 3.30 PM.
Dr.Thomas Kuruvilla Dr. Ranjith Mathew Abraham
Principal IQAC Coordinator
Action taken report:
- The college newsletter including the activities of the previous academic year has been printed.
- The collection of data regarding the first year students is under progress- to print the mentees Chronicle
- The admission process is going on smoothly with the co-operation of the teaching and non-teaching staff.
- A term from college would be initiating the Raj Bhavan to initiate the Honorable Governor of Kerala to inaugurate the Golden Jubilee celebrations.
- The proposal for the DST FIST project is under preparation.
- The ASAP TPS course has started and is going on well
- The college handbook and calendar has been printed and distributed.
- An orientation on curriculum delivery was conducted for the first year students and their parents .
Dr.Ranjith Mathew Abraham