Minutes of the IQAC meeting held on 03.06.2015 at 1 P M in the Principals cabin
The following members were present.
Dr. Sabu George, Dr.Ranjith Mathew Abraham, Prof. Giggy P Koshy, Prof. George Mathew, Dr.Laly Jacob, Prof.V.I.Johnson, Dr. Divya S, Prof. Jessy Ann Philip.
The committee discussed about the academic activities during the previous academic year. The different quality aspects and developed agenda for the new academic year were discussed and the following decisions were taken:
- The IQAC decided to being out the college newsletter including the activities of the previous academic year . Dr. Nair Anoop Chandrasekharan would be intrusted with this.
- It was decided to inform the Publication committee to bring out the college handbook and the calendar.
- The committee decided to collect signed statements regarding the anti-ragging policy of the college from students at he time of admissions.
- The IQAC would render all support to the Dept. of English for organizing three batches of the ASAP TPS course to identify and train soft skill trainees and the ASAP skill development programme to impart job oriented skills.
- It was decided to collect the teaching plan for odd semester from all teachers.
- The application showing the interested open courses would be collected from the S5 students and Dr.Brijithlal N. D and Ms. Linda Jacob would process the applications.
- It was decided to ask the teachers to increase their contributions towards the students aid fund so that more students can avail non meal scheme.
- The IQAC decided to moniter the WWS and SSP programmes .The selection of first year students to the programmes should be done as soon as the admissions to the first courses are completed.
- It was decided to convert the Commerce staff room into the IQAC office and make necessary furnishings.
- The committee decided to set up a new computer lab for the B.Com(Computer applications) course.
The meeting came to a close at 2.00 P.M.
Dr. Ranjith Mathew Abraham
Action taken Report:
- The college newsletter for 2014-15 has been brought out.
- The college handbook and calendar has been printed and distributed
- Signed anti-ragging statements are collected from students during admissions.
- The ASAP courses are being conducted successfully.
- Applications for open courses have been collected and S5 students have been assigned their open courses.
- Teachers have increased their contributions to the Student Aid Fund.
- Student selection to WWS and SSP is under process.
- The new IQAC office and B.Com computer lab were dedicated by the Manager, Rt. Rev. Thomas K Oommen.
Dr. Ranjith Mathew Abraham