Department of Physics
Bishop Moore College
Kerala, India, 690110
Phone No. : 9496466198
|Degree||Institution||Year of Passing||% of marks|
|Ph.D.||Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara||2020|
|M.Sc. Physics||CUSAT, Cochin, Kerala||2010||82.3|
|B.Sc. Physics||Christian College, Chengannur, Kerala||2008||95.7|
|Plus Two||G.G.H.S.S., Mavelikara||2005||90|
Qualified CSIR-NET in December 2009
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of guanidinium hippurate monohydrate single crystals: A new third order nonlinear optical material
Jerin Susan John, T. Arumanayagam, P. Murugakoothan, D. Sajan, Nithin Joy, Reji Philip
Optical Materials 110 (2020) 110493
- Computational analysis of vibrational spectroscopic properties and hyperpolarizability of silver adsorbed organic molecule, N,N’ Dimethyl Urea Ninhydrin
Jerin Susan John, D. Sajan
Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy 228 (2020) 117698
- Crystal growth, dielectric studies, charge transfer and ionic hydrogenbonding interactions of L-arginine hydrobromide monohydrate single crystal: A novel third order nonlinear optical material for optoelectronic applications
Jerin Susan John, M. Saravana Kumar, Lija K. Joy, D. Sajan, G. Vinitha, N. Vijayan, Nimmy L. John
Optics and Laser Technology 125 (2020) 106043
- Enhanced NLO activity of organic 2-methyl-5-nitroaniline crystal: Experimental and computational investigation with and without silver addition
Jerin Susan John, D. Sajan, P. Prabukanthan, Reji Philip, Nithin Joy
Optics and Laser Technology 113 (2019) 416–427
- Molecular docking and spectral analysis of (5,7-Dimethyl-2-oxo-2Hchromen-4-yl)-methyl diethyldithiocarbamate : A potential bioactive agent
Bessy Mary Philip, Jerin Susan John, K. Mahesh Kumar, H.C. Devarajegowda, Jacob Chandy, D. Sajan
Chemical Physics Letters 711 (2018) 87–99
- Theoretical and experimental approach to the investigation of hyperpolarizability and charge transfer characteristics of NLO active 2,3,4,4,5-pentamethoxy chalcone with silver atoms adsorbed
Jerin Susan John, D. Sajan, Chandrabhas Narayana, Nithin Joy, Reji Philip
Optical Materials 84 (2018) 409–421
- Optical nonlinearity and charge transfer analysis of 4-[(E)-2-(2,4,6-Trinitrophenyl) ethylidene] benzonitrile adsorbed on silver nanoparticles: Computational and experimental investigations
Jerin Susan John, D. Sajan, Chandrabhas Narayana, T. Sundius
Optics and Laser Technology 107 (2018) 454–467
- Synthesis, crystal structure, vibrational spectral analysis and Z-scan studies of a new organic crystal N,N0dimethylurea ninhydrin: A scaled quantum mechanical force field study
Jerin Susan John, D. Sajan, T. Umadevi, K. Chaitanya, Pranitha Sankar, Reji Philip
Optical Materials 48 (2015) 233–242
Minor Research Project:
UGC minor research project entitled “Vibrational Spectroscopic Investigations and Third-Order Nonlinear Optical Studies of Certain Organic Molecules”, 2012-14
- Crystal Growth, Spectral, Dielectric Studies on Nonlinear Optical Single Crystal Vanilin, 2014
- Z-scan Studies and Vibrational Spectroscopic Studies of N, N’ dimethyl urea Ninhydrin, 2013
- Quantum Chemical Computation, Organic NLO Materials, Nonlinear Optics, Vibrational Spectroscopy, SERS, Crystal Growth.
- Working as Assistant Professor in the Research and Post Graduate (DST‐ FIST sponsored) Department of Physics, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara since 28/02/2011.
- 6 months experience as guest lecturer in Physics at DB College, Pamba, 11/06/2010 to 10/12/2010.
- One-week National Faculty Development Program on Research Ethics and Characterisation Techniques in Materials Science, 9-15 September 2020, Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre, University of Delhi, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, St. John’s College, Agra
- Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on "MANAGING ONLINE CLASSES and CO-CREATING MOOCS", 20 April to 06 May, 2020, Teaching Learning Centre, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi (Online)
- Two weeks MOOC course (with e-certification) on Online Learning and Content Development, 18 April to 2 May 2020, FLAIR Kerala, Directorate of Collegiate Education, Kerala
- Refresher Course in Material Science (Chemistry, Nano Science & Physics), 03-16 December.2019, UGC-HRDC University of Calicut
- Three Month Certificate Course in Molecular Docking and Drug Design, 21 September 2019 to 23 November 2019, Department of Chemistry, Sacred Heart College (Autonomous), Thevara.
- University and PG College MSc Teachers Training Program in Physics, 07-27 June 2018, Centre for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Education, IISc, Challakere Campus at Kudapura.
- Science Academies’ Refresher Course in Statistical Mechanics, 2-16 May 2018, Bishop Moore College Mavelilkara.
- Science Academies’ Ninth Refresher Course on Materials Preparation & Measurement of Properties, 15-30 March 2018, IASc, Bengaluru.
- Science Academies’ Refresher Course in “Experimental Physics”, 13-28 September 2017, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- HORIBA Optical School, 22-26 May 2017, JNCASR, Bengaluru.
- INUP Hands-on Training on MOS Capacitor and Micro and Nano Characterization Techniques, 16-24 March 2017, CeNSE, IISc, Bengaluru.
- UGC sponsored Short-term Interaction Programme for Research Scholars, 17-21 August 2015, UGC-HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Science Academies’ Refresher Course on “Quantum Mechanics”, 5-18 May 2014, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- “FEEL TEACHER” Learning and Development Intervention, 25-27 April 2013, CMS College, Kottayam.
- Special Summer School in Quantum Mechanics, 3-23 April 2013, UGC Academic Staff College, Kannur University, Kannur.
- UGC-Sponsored Orientation Programme, 14 June – 11 July 2012, UGC-Academic Staff College, Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
- DBT STAR Online Lecture Series on Characterization Techniques in Materials Science CTMS 2020, 29-30 July 2020, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara
- National Webinar on ‘Role of IQAC in Innovative Teaching Pedagogy & Quality Sustenance in the Post COVID - 19 Scenario’, 18 July 2020, Indian Academy Degree College, Bengaluru
- DBT STAR Online Lecture Series on Characterization Techniques in Materials Science CTMS 2020, 11 July 2020
- Lecture on “Effective Teaching” in the IQAC Webinar Series on “Emerging Trends in Higher Education”, 10 July 2020, Bishop Moore College Mavelikara
- Webinar on “Materials Simulations”, 27 May 2020, Mar Thoma College for Women Perumbavoor
- National Seminar on Scientific Solutions for Sustainable Rebuilding of Kerala in the Post Flood Scenario, 9 & 10 January 2020, Bishop Moore College Mavelikara.
- Science Academies Lecture Workshop on Advances in Condensed Matter Physics, 07-09 March 2018, Bishop Moore College Mavelikara.
- National Photonics Symposium (NPS)-2018, 27 February to 1 March 2018, International School of Photonics CUSAT
- Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on “Advances in Spectroscopic & Microscopic Techniques”, 12-13 October 2017, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- Workshop on “Computational Chemistry and Applications”, 30 December 2016- 01 January 2017, Institute for Basic Sciences, Kottayam, Kerala.
- Three-day workshop on “Rigid Body Dynamics and Small Oscillations”, organized by Academy of Physics Teachers (APT), Kerala, 19-21 December 2015, CUSAT, Cochin.
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Spectroscopic Techniques-Present Scenario” (NSST-2015), 17-19 September 2015, TKMM College, Nangiarkulangara.
- Three-day workshop on “Hamiltonian Dynamics”, organized by Academy of Physics Teachers (APT), Kerala, 22-24 August 2015, St. Berchmans College, Changanassery.
- Three-day workshop on “Linear Algebra” organized by Academy of Physics Teachers (APT), Kerala, 26-28 December 2014.
- National Workshop on “Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy: Theory, Instrumentation and Applications”, 10-13 September 2014, MG University, Kottayam.
- Indo-German Conference on Laser Applications and Nanoscience, 5-7 December 2013, Thiruvananthapuram.
- National Seminar on Emerging Dimensions of Quality in Higher Education, 25-26 March 2013, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- National Workshop on Recent Trends in Theoretical Physics, 19-21 March 2011, Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kochi.
Paper Presentations in Seminar/Conferences
- Experimental Linear and Nonlinear Optical Studies and Theoretical Bonding Investigation on Addition of Silver Nanoparticles to an NLO Active Nitrostilbene Derivative,
International Symposium on Advanced Functional Materials (ISAFM-2018)
12 October 2018, Mar Ivanios College Thiruvananthapuram
- Vibrational and Hyperpolarizability Analyses of Silver Added M5NA Molecule, National Conference on Recent Advances in Spectroscopy of Advanced Materials NCRSM-2018, 25-26 September 2018, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara
- Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of Nonlinear Optical Organic Crystal,
9th International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT 2017), Materials Research Society Singapore, 18-23 June 2017,
- Spectroscopic Characterization of Organic Material using Theoretical and Experimental Methods
Second International Conference on Materials Science & Technology (ICMST-2016), 5-8 June 2016, St. Thomas College, Palai.
- SERS and Nonlinear Optical Studies of an Organometallic Ligand
Jerin Susan John & D. Sajan, Fourth International Conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience & Technology (Cochin Nano-2016), 20-23 February 2016, CUSAT, Cochin.
- Characterization of Organic NLO Material Using Spectroscopic Techniques
5th International Conference on Perspectives in Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICOPVS 2014), 8-12 July 2014, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Vibrational Spectroscopic Studies of Nonlinear Optical Material N,N’ Dimethylurea Ninhydrin
DAE-BRNS National Laser Symposium-22, 8-11 January 2014, Manipal University, Karnataka.
Positions/Responsibilities held in the College
- Convenor of the National Conference on “Experimental & Theoretical Approaches to Photonic Materials”, 5-8 January 2016.
- Convenor of Science Club, 2011-15, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- Member of UGC Committee, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- President of Physics Association 2014-15.
- Programme Co-ordinator of National Science Day Celebrations, “Sci-Rostrum’15”, sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE), Thiruvananthapuram and supported by Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
- Convenor of Ozone Day Celebrations, “SHIELD”, sponsored by KSCSTE, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Programme Coordinator of National Science day Celebration 2014 “Sci-Rostrum”, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, sponsored by (KSCSTE), Thiruvananthapuram and supported by Department of science & Technology, Govt. of India.
- Convenor of Fourth International Conference on Perspectives of Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICOPVS-2013), 6-9 August 2013, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- Conducted an Interschool Science Quiz Competition on 13th February, 2013 as part of Science Club activity.
- Convener of Rev. K. C. Mathew Endowment Lectures on Nanophotonics, held on 6th December, 2012
- Treasurer of International Conference on Molecular Spectroscopy of Advanced Materials and Biomolecules (IMSAB-2012), 7-9 August 2012, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- Co-Convenor of National Conference on Recent Trends in Vibrational Spectroscopy (RTVS-2011), 26-27 August 2011, at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- Member of Organizing Committee of International Conference on The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security, 3–5 March 2011, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara.
- Life member of Academy of Physics Teachers, Kerala.
- Life member of Indian Association of Physics Teachers