REEJA JOSE MSc, BEd, MPhil, PhD
Department of Zoology
Bishop Moore College Mavelikara
Kerala, India, 690110
Nedumon P. O.
Kerala, India, 691556
Mobile – 9495733915
- Doctor of Philosophy, Zoology, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University– 2013
- Masters in Philosophy, Zoology, University of Kerala – 2009
- Master of Science, Zoology, N.S.S. College, Pandalam, Kerala University – 2006
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology, N.S.S. College, Pandalam, University of Kerala– 2004
- D work entitled “Biodiversity and Distribution of Zooplanktons of Achencovil River in relation to Water Quality with Special Reference to Indicator Species”
- Phil. Dissertation entitled “Physiological changes in the Climbing Perch (Anabas testudineus Bloch) during exposure to varied osmotic media”
- My research area includes Fresh water ecology, biodiversity of aquatic insects and zooplanktons
- Worked as Guest Lecturer at Dept. of Zoology, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from 30th July to 4th December 2013
- Working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Zoology, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, India, since 5th December 2013
- Reeja Jose and Deepthi G.R. Diversity and abundance of avifauna in four regions of Alappuzha district, Kerala. Proceedings of National Seminar on "Problems and Prospects of wetland conservation with special reference to Wetlands of Kerala" organized by Post Graduate and Research Dept. of Zoology, N. S. S. College, Pandalam from February 6-8, 2018.
- Reeja Jose. A Comparative study on various waste management strategies at selected areas of Mavelikara Municipality. Proceedings of National Seminar on Recent Innovations and Current Trends in Biological Sciences" organized by Post Graduate Dept. of Botany and Biotechnology, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from February 8-10, 2017.
- Reeja Jose. 2016. Assessment of water quality in selected ponds of Mavelikara Municipality. Science Chronicle. 5(1 & 2): 39-45.
- Reeja Jose and M.G. Sanal Kumar. 2014. Seasonal Variations in the Distribution of Cladocerans in River Achencovil. Science Chronicle. 3(1 & 2): 1-7.
- Reeja Jose and M.G. Sanal Kumar. 2014. Diversity and Seasonal Fluctuation of Copepods in Achencovil River. Science Chronicle. 3(1 & 2): 41-46.
- Reeja Jose and M.G. Sanal Kumar. 2014. Assessment of pollution status in river Achencovil. Aquatic Biology and Fisheries. Vol. 2(2): 18-21.
- Reeja Jose and M. G. Sanal Kumar. 2013. Seasonal Abundance of Crustacean Zooplanktons in Achencovil River, Kerala, India. International Journal of Scientific Research. 2(1): 3-5.
- Reeja Jose and M. G. Sanal Kumar. 2012. Seasonal Variations in the Zooplankton Diversity of River Achencovil. International Journal of Scientific Research Publications. 2(11): 1-5.
- Reeja Jose, G. Sanal Kumar and S. Nandakumar. 2012. Diversity and distribution of aquatic insects in the river Achencovil during monsoon season in relation to water quality. Edited by: A. Biju Kumar, M.P. Nayar, R.V. Varma and C.K. Peethambaran. Biodiversity and Taxonomy. Narendra Publishing House, New Delhi. pp. 239-249.
- G. Sanal Kumar, Reeja Jose, Firozia, N.J. and G. Santhy. 2011. Seasonal variation in physico-chemical and microbiological properties of water at different segments of river Achencovil-Kerala, India. J.Ecobiology. 28(1): 95-100.
- Reeja Jose, M. G. Sanal Kumar, Firozia, N.J and G. Santhy. 2010. Seasonal assessment of water pollution at various segments of river Achencovil based on indicator animal species. J.Ecochronicle. 5(3): 183-188.
- Presented a paper titled “Characterization of Soil Properties in Selected Areas of Mavelikara Taluk, Kerala” in National Seminar on "Current Trends and Advances in Biological Sciences” organized by Post Graduate Dept. of Botany and Biotechnology, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from February 05-07, 2020.
- Presented a paper titled “Analysis of Water Quality and Application of Water Purification Methods in Selected Ward of Thekkekara Panchayath, Kerala” in International Seminar on "Current status and challenges for Conservation and Sustainable use of Biodiversity" organized by Post Graduate and Research Dept. of Zoology and Bhoomithrasena Club, Sree Narayana College, Kollam from January 22-24, 2020.
- Presented a paper titled “Groundwater Quality Assessment in Selected Wards of Thekkekara Panchayath, Kerala” in National Seminar on "Scientific solutions for sustainable rebuilding of Kerala in the Post Flood Scenario" organized by Post Graduate and Research Dept. of Physics, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from January 09-10, 2020.
- Presented a paper titled “Biomonitoring of a selected pond ecosystem using aquatic insects” in National Seminar on "Recent Trends in Bioremediation Protocols in Wetlands with special reference to Wetlands of South India organized by Post Graduate and Research Dept. of Zoology, N. S. S. College, Pandalam from February 26-28, 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “A study on the Effect of Acids in Calcium Deterioration” in National Seminar on "Future India: Science and Technology; Advances in Integrated Scientific Research" held at M.S.M. College, Kayamkulam from January 15-16, 2019.
- Participated in national seminars, international conferences, webinars, training programmes and workshops
- Presented papers in national seminar and international conferences
- Department convenor of DBT STAR COLLEGE SCHEME
- Convenor of Nature Club, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from July 2014 to March 2017
- Date of Birth –17‐02‐1983
- Nationality – Indian
- Languages Known – English, Hindi, Malayalam