Dr. P. K. Varghese, M.A., M.Phil., PhD
Department of Economics
Bishop Moore College
Kerala, India, 690 110
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala, India, 690110
Mobile – 9447595948
• Doctor of Philosophy, Agricultural Economics, University of Kerala – 2002
• Master of Philosophy, Economics, University of Poona – 1990
• Master of Arts, Development Economics, Dept. of Economics, Dr. John Mathai Centre, University of Calicut – 1989
• Bachelor of Arts, Economics, St. Aloysius College, Elthuruth, University of Calicut – 1987
• Bachelor of Philosophy, Dharmaram Pontifical institute of Theology & Philosopy, Bangalore – 1983.
• Worked as a Research Associate at the Dept. of Economics, University of Kerala, Kariavattom in the Project titled ” Economics of Pepper cultivation in India”, sponsored by Spices Board.
• Ph.D work entitled “ Growth and constraints of the Spices Economy of Kerala”
• M. Phil. Dissertation entitled “ Decentralised Planning Through Panchayathi Raj and its impact on Rural Development
• My research area includes Agricultural Economics. Mainly Spices and perennial crops.
• Environmental Economics and food security.
• Black Money and its impact on Indian Economy.
• Working as Associate Professor & Head, in the Department of Economics, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, India. Joined in the Department as Lecturer on 18 October 1993.