Name: Nair Anup Chandrasekharan
- “Ragasudha”, Kottarcavu, Mavelikara-690101, Kerala
- “Aditya”, Darshana Nagar, Pattatanam, Kollam, Kerala.
Languages Known: English, Malayalam, Hindi and Gujarati.
*Cleared the Eligibility Test for Lectureship accredited by the U.G.C in 2002.
Degree Year Percentage
M.Phil 2004 65
Assistant Professor, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from Aug. 16, 2010 till date.
Assistant Professor, Department of English, Christ College, Rajkot for three years
Assistant Professor, Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, Saurashtra University for three years
The Syndicate of the University of Kerala granted guide ship on 23/12/2016 in the subject English under the faculty of Arts. At present guiding five scholars for their PhD dissertations.
Publication Details :
Books Published: Nair, Anup Chandrasekharan, Henry Derozio: A Maverick Marvel. ISBN 978-3-659-44941-3 lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Av Akademikerverlag GmbH and Co. K G Germany, 2015.
Nair, Anup Chandrasekharan Etd., Religious Response to Ecological Challenges. ISBN 978-3-8465-5251-3, lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Av Akademikerverlag GmbH and Co. K G Germany, 2012.
Nair, Anup Chandrasekharan, R.K Narayan’s The Guide As a Visual and Verbal Text: An Analysis in Comparison. ISBN 978-93-80033-04-4, Paradise Publisher’s ,Jaipur, 2010.
The Modern Age: A Critical Study of the Representative Literary Figures and their Work Published by Saurashtra University, Rajkot in 2006.
Literary Criticism: From Plato to the Present Day is commissioned for publication by the Saurashtra University and is to be brought out by June, 2007.
- ‘Knowledge’ as an Imperialistic Tool: A Survey,English Activities Update, Centre for Faculty Resource Development in English, Thiruvananthapuram, June2018.
- ‘Eco-consciousness’ in the Poetry of the Early Indian English Poets”, Indian Journal of Postcolonial Literatures, Newman College, Thodupuzha, December 2017.
- “Exploring the Mindscape of select Indian Renaissance Poets in the Context of the Colonial Encounter”, Indian Journal of Postcolonial Literatures, Newman College, Thodupuzha, December 2015
- “Mapping the Oriental Discourse in the Poetry of Toru Dutt”,English Activities Update, Centre for Faculty Resource Development in English, Thiruvananthapuram, January 2015
- "RK Narayan's The Guide as Verbal and Visual Texts: An Analysis in Comparison", Perspective on Indian English Fiction, ed. Dodia Jaydipsinh, Delhi: Sarup & Sons, 2006.
- "Scrutinizing Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Americans", Critical Essays on Indian Writing in English, ed. Dodia Jaydipsinh, Delhi: Sarup & Sons, 2006.
- Murshid, Ghulam. Lured by Hope: A Biography Of Michael Madhusudan Dut, New Delhi: OUP,2003: Reviewed in Critical Practice, January 2005 issue.
- Bhartiya Chintan Dhara: Sahitya Ke Kshetra mein Hindi, Hazariprasad Dwivedi, translated in to English. Critical Discourse and Colonialism eds. A. K. Singh and S. Mukherjee. New Delhi: Creative Books, 2005
- Identifying handicaps and surviving: Firdus Kangra's Trying to Grow as a tale of an individual and community, ed. Dodia Jaydipsinh, Perspective on Indian English Fiction New Delhi: Dominant Publishers and Distributors,2002.
- Nissim Ezekiel: A Bird's Eye View ed. Dodiya Jaydipsinh, Perspectictives on Indian English Poetry New Delhi: Dominant Publishers and Distributers,2000.
Publications in Online Referred Journals
|Impact of Mass Media on Human Behaviour||
Issue II Volume II October 2016
Vidhyayana- An International Multidisciplinary Referred E Journal
|Objectivist Etymological Inquiries in Aya Rand’s Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead||
Vidhyayana- An International Multidisciplinary Referred E Journal
Minor Research Project:
Submitted the UGC Minor Research Project of Rs. 1,30,000/-entitled “Exploring the ‘mindscape’ of Indian Renaissance poets in the context of the colonial encounter” in July 2014.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Environmental Justice and Literature’ at the International Conference on Ecology and Culture, jointly organized by the Department of English and FSLE-India from December 15 to 17, 2018 at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri, Kerala. Also Chaired a session in the Conference.
- Chaired a session on ‘Re/visioning Myth, Culture and Films’ in an International Colloquium on Literature, Theory and History of Ideas organized by Department of English, MSM College, Kayankulum in collaboration with Centre for Culture Studies, University of Kerala and Littcrit supported by KSHEC from 3 to 5 October, 2019.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Eco-consciousness’ in the Poetry of the Early Indian English Poets at the International Conference on ‘Why Ecocriticism’ jointly organized by FSLE-India and Sikkim Government College, Tadong on 22nd and 23rd November, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “The Poetry of Emily Dickenson and Toru Dutt: An analysis in comparison” organised by the Department of English and CLS, Saurashtra University, Rajkot in 2010.
- At the three days International Conference on Global Warming, Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Secular Spirituality conducted by Santhigiri Research Foundation in association with UNESCO, TERI and American Center from 9-11 September, 2010.
- Was the Joint Convener of the organizing committee for International Conference on “The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security” held at Bishop Moore College from 3rd to 5th March, 2011.
- Presented a paper entitled Literature 'into' Media: A Case Study at an International Seminar on Comparative Literature organised by the School of Letters, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala in 2006.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Inevitability of Transdisciplinarity: Myth or Reality?’ at the One Day National Conference organized by Vedant Publications and Educational Services and Dharmendrasinhji Arts College, Rajkot, Gujarat. Also chaired a session and was a member of a panel discussion in the same conference held on 30th and 31st August, 2019.
- Presented a paper title “Identifying handicaps and surviving: Firdus Kangra's Trying to Grow as a Tale ofan Individual and Community” in a National Seminar organised by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government First Grade College, Koratagere, Tumkur District, Karnataka on 16th February, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Knowledge’ as an Imperialistic Tool: A survey’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Re – ‘tracking’ the Celluloid: Sustaining Indian Knowledge Systems: Academic Representations Through English Studies on 05 & 06 December 2017, Organized by PG Department of English NSS College, Pandalam.
- Presented a paper ‘Human Rights Violation and Kashmiri Pandits: The Deafening Silence of the ‘Secular’ Voices in the Face of Forced Displacements’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of Economics, History and Political Science, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara on 22 and 23 February, 2016.
- Presented a paper ‘Green Parables’ in the National Seminar organised by the Church of South India, Department of Ecological Concerns at Chennai on 24 and 25 August, 2016.
- Chaired a session on ‘Technology Embedded Instruction in English Classroom’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of English, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara on 23 and 24 October, 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “Indian Renaissance Poetry in English” in the National Seminar on “The English Language and Literature in India” held on 13th February, 2012
- Presented a paper titled "Approaching Poetry in the Classroom" at Morbi in 2006.
- "Scrutinizing Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Americans at Upleta in 2004.
- "Comparing a novel and its film: Theory and Practice" at Rajkot in 2000.
- "Analysing Film Adaptions: Guided by The Guide" at Rajkot in 2000.
- "Comparing a Novel and it's Film: Theory and Practice" at Rajkot in 2000.
- "Ezekiel the Poet: A Bird's Eye View" at Rajkot in 1999.
- "Identifying Handicaps and Surviving: Firdus Kanga's Trying to Grow as a Tale of an Individual and a community" at Rajkot in 1999.
- "An analysis of Raja Rao's The Cat and Shakespeare as a Metaphysical and Ontological comedy" at Rajkot in 1998.
- "Analysis of Raja Rao's The Cat and Shakespeare as an anti-novel." at Rajkot in 1997.
- Participated in the international seminar on ‘Decolonizing Theories of the Emotions’ organised by The Centre for Women’s Studies, University of Kerala from 11 to 13 November, 2015.
- Participated in the National Seminar ‘Emerging Dimensions of Quality in Higher Education’ organised by NAAC, Bishop Moore College during 25 and 26 March, 2013
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of English, Bishop Moore College on the 13th and 14th August, 2013.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of English, NSS College, Pandalam on 24,25 and 26th October, 2013.
Offered a talk on the topic “Background to the Postmodern Period” on 1st January, 2021. The talk was organized by the Alumni Association, Department of English and CLS, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat.
Offered a talk on the topic “A Crash Course on Negotiating Silences and Sounds” in the Orientation Programme organized by MES Asmabi College, University of Calicut on 15th December, 2020
Offered a Plenary Talk in an International Conference titled ‘Innovative trends in Language, Literature, Culture and E-education’ organized by Parul University,Vadodara on 24th and 25th July, 2020.
Offered a talk and conducted an interactive session on Soft Skills under the Walk With the Scholar scheme at SN College, Chemprahanthy on 22/01/2020
Offered a talk as an external mentor under the Walk With a Scholar (WWS) programme at NSS College, Pandalam on 21/12/2019.
Offered an invited talk on the topic ‘Deconstructing the Nuances of Verbal and Non Verbal Communication’ to the students of Atmiya University, Rajkot, Gujarat on 01/09/2019.
Offered a talk to the students of Fatima Mata National College (Autonomous), Kollam, Kerala on ‘Communication Skills’ as a part of their add on course on 03/08/2019.
Kerala Legislative Assembly-Language Expert
Served as a Language Expert for the National Legislators’ Conference on ‘The Challenges in the Empowerment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Independent India’ organised by the Kerala Legislative Assembly on 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th August, 2018 at the Legislature Complex, Thiruvananthapuram.
Served as a Moderator and a Language Expert for the “Festival of Democracy’ celebrations from 23rd to 25th February, 2019 at the Legislature Complex, Thiruvananthapuram.
Resource Person at the Materials Production/Syllabus Revision Workshops
Was the Resource Person in the two day workshop on Curriculum Development for Advanced Communicative English Trainer Course on April 15th and 16th 2021 at ASAP Kerala Headquarters, Thiruvananthapuram.
Was the Resource Person at the Three Day Workshop on Syllabus Revision for BA English and BA Communicative English organised by Board of Studies in English (Pass) University of Kerala, held at Institute of English, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram on 25,26 and 27 September, 2019.
Was the Resource Person for the National Workshop on Materials Production on Communication Skills in English organised by the Institute of English, University of Kerala on 16-18 February, 2019.
State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) Workshop
Was the Resource Person in the four-day course Designing and Module Development Workshop from 25/10/2018 to 28/10/2018 organised by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT).
Participated in the HSSTTP Module Vetting and Planning workshop organised by SCERT Kerala, in collaboration with the Higher Secondary Education Wing of the Directorate of General Education.
Higher Secondary School Teacher Transformation Programme (HSSTTP)
Was the Resource Person on 11/10/2019 and 19/10/2019 at the HSSTTP in English organised at Mar Ivanios College, Thiruvanantapuram from 11th October, 2019 to 20th October, 2019 by the Directorate of Higher Secondary Education in collaboration with the Directorate of Collegiate Education.
Was the Resource Person on 18/11/2018 at the HSSTTP in English organised at the Institute of English, University of Kerala, Thiruvanantapuram from 16th November, 2018 to 25th November, 2018 by the Directorate of Higher Secondary Education in collaboration with the Directorate of Collegiate Education.
Was the Resource Person on 23/11/2018 at the HSSTTP in English organised at Government College, Tripunithura, from 16th November, 2018 to 25th November, 2018 by the Directorate of Higher Secondary Education in collaboration with the Directorate of Collegiate Education.
Resource Person at Induction Programmes
Served as the Resource Person for the Online Induction Programme organized by the IQAC, Sree Narayana College, Punalur, Kerala on January 31, 2021
Served as a Resource person in the 19th Annual ISTE (Indian Society for Technical Education) State Student Convention on 30th January, 2021
Served as the Resource Person for the Online Orientation Programme on the topic ‘Group Discussion and Interview Skills’ organized by the Career Guidance and Placement Cell, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara on 22nd September, 2020.
Resource Person / Moderator Panel Discussion
Served as a moderator in a Panel Discussion held online on 2nd November, 2020 on the topic ‘LGBT+ Community-Social Inclusion and Equity” held as a part of the Campaign to empower LGBT+ Community of Kerala by the Kerala Chapter of National Youth Council of India.
Served as a Resource Person in the Panel Discussion on New Education Policy, 2020 on 13th August, 2020 organized as a part of the Two Day National FDP on ‘Need for Examination Reforms in Changing Scenario’ held online on 12th and 13th August, 2020.
Am the coordinator of Foundation for the study of Literature and Environment (FSLE- India) for the Kerala (South) region. ( http://www.fsleindia.org/dr-nair-anup-chandrasekharan/ )
Additional Skill Acquisition Programme:
- Continuing as the Coordinator, Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala at Bishop Moore College since April 2014. The College is an ASAP training center and also an ASAP institution.
- Served as a Resource Person for the Four Day SDE Training Workshop at Thiruvananthapuram under the University Integration Scheme, ASAP, Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Kerala from 3rd to 6th June, 2017.
- Was the Master Trainer for the ASAP batch at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara in May-June, 2014, May-June 2015 and May-June 2016
- Was the Master Trainer for the ASAP batches at IHRD, Mavelikara and Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara in May, June and July 2013.
- Participated in the two day residential professional development programme ‘IGNITE’ under ASAP, Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala from 6/11/2016 to 7/11/2016.
- Participated in the two days Residential Training Programme for Master Training Partner Scheme of ASAP conducted by the Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala in April 2014, March 2015 and March 2016.
- Participated in the four days Residential Training Programme for Master Training Partner Scheme of ASAP conducted by the Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala form 18/04/2013 to 21/04/2013.
APJ Technological University
Nominated as a Jury for MBA soft skills test by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University in 2018. He conducted the soft skills test, a part of the MBA Curriculum on 13/04/2018 at Mount Zion Institute of Science and Technology Chengannur, Kerala.
Board of Studies Workshop
Participated in the Workshop on Revision of Syllabi of BA English Literature and BA Communicative English organised by the Board of Studies in English (Pass), University of Kerala, at Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram, on 20th September, 2017.
Coordinator Add on Course:
Was the Coordinator of the UGC Add on course in Jounalism and Mass Communication for four years from 2010 to 2014.
Editorship of the College Newsletter:
Edited the Bishop Moore College Newsletter in the academic years 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020.
National Service Scheme:
- Was the NSS Programme Officer for three academic years from 2010 to 2013.
- Was the Contingent Leader for Kerala Team for the South Zone Pre-RD Parade Selection-2012 by NSS Regional Centre, Banglore University, Banglore from 28th Sept to 7th October, 2012.
- Participated in the ‘Training of Trainers Programme on Youth for Gender Equity for NSS Programme Officers’ organized by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu from 2nd to 4th November, 2011.
- Completed the Orientation Course for Programme Officers of the National Service Scheme, organized by Empanelled Training Institution (ETI) for NSS at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery.
- Underwent the “Feel Teacher” Learning and Development Intervention conducted from 25 through 27 April, 2013 at CMS College, Kottayam by College for Leadership and Human Resource Development, Manglore, Karnataka.
- Participated in the College Level Training Program on general informatics conducted by Kerala State Higher Education Council and Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara held at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from 20th to 22nd December, 2010.
- Was the CONVENOR of the UGC workshop on "Translating Indian Renaissance Poetry from Gujarati and Hindi into English" organized by the Department of English and C.L.S, Saurashtra University under the auspices of the UGC Special Assistance Programme on December 22 and 23.2006.
- Participated in the U.G.C workshop on “Translating Indian Renaissance Short Stories in Gujarati and Hindi into English" in December, 2005.
- Participated in the U.G.C workshop on "Translating Indian Renaissance Critical Writings in Guajarati and Hindi into English." in Sept. 2004.
Short Term Course:
Participated in a Short Term Course in Environmental Studies at UGC HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram from 05/03/2018 to 12/03/2018.
- Participated in a Refresher Course Sponsored by Ministry of HRD Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching at Ramanujan College, University of Delhi from July 02, 2020 to July 17, 2020
- Participated in a UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in English at UGC HRDC, University of North Bengal, Siliguri from 09/01/2018 to 29/01/2018.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Women’s Studies, conducted by the UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, from 07-10-2014 to 27-10-2014.
Participated in the UGC Sponsored Special Winter School conducted by the UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom form 28-11-2013 to 18-12-2013 and obtained grade ‘A’.
Attended the Orientation Programme sponsored by the University Grants Commission from 28/02/2005 to 27/03/2005 at the Academic Staff College, Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
- Served as the Judge in the inter collegiate paper presentation under the banner of Festival of Ideas, at Christian College, Chengannur on 05/11/2019 and on ‘Cultural Creative: In Search of the Lost Chord’ on 16/01.2019 and ‘Bigotry and Textual Practice: Reflections on Intolerance in Contemporary Culture.’ On 10/11/2017.
- Am in the panel of paper setters of Fathima Mata College (Autonomous).
- Was the Resource Person in the two days Residential Intercollegiate Workshop on “Gender Sensitization” on 22nd and 23rd February, 2013 at Fatima Mata National College, Kollam
- Was the Academic Consultant for the Communication Skills Programme at the National School of Interior Design from 2001to 2009.
- Was the Academic Counselor for the Communication Skills Courses at Indira Gandhi National Open University ( IGNOU) for the academic years 2008 -2009 and also 2009-2010.
- Was the resource person in the U.G.C sponsored Refresher Course at the Academic Staff College, Rajkot in Feb. 2007 and 2005.
- Was the resource person in the T.V talks organized by BAOU in March 2007 and 2005.
- Trained the students of MBA Programme at the Department of Business Management, Saurashtra University in Communication Skills in 2008-2009
NCC: Passed the Certificate 'C' examination held under the authority of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Was the Warden of the MA(English) 2018-2020 batch.
Was the Warden of the BA (English) 2011-2014 batch.
Journalism: Was associated with The Times of India as a Sub-Editor for some time before quitting the job to join academics.