Dr. ARUN ARAVIND
Date of Birth: 25-05-1984
Centre for Advanced Functional Materials
Department of Physics Bishop Moore College Kallumala (PO),
Mavelikara, Kerala, India, 690 110
Keenly interested in pursuing a research career in material science, particularly in an institution, which believes in excellence through teamwork and provides ample opportunities to explore the creative landscape of its members.
Honors and awards
- JNCASR Visiting Fellowship Programme 2019 -2020
- UGC- Dr. D.S. Kothari Post-doctoral Fellowship (Normal) - 2015
- ENEA International Research Fellow - 2012
- SPIE Travel Grant winner to attend SPIE Optics and Photonics 2011,San Diego, USA
- CSIR Travel grant to attend ICMAT,2011,Suntec,Singapore
- Research fellowship in science for meritorious students scheme (UGC RFSMS)
- European Union travel grant winner to attend third Marie Curie summer school on “Partial Melt and Amorphous Solids” 2007 Estremoz, Portugal
Professional Membership and Position held
- Co-convener DBT-STAR SCHEME, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, India
- Secretary of SPIE CUSAT Student Chapter, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, Kerala, India
- Founder Secretary of ECS CUSAT Student Chapter, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, Kerala, India
- SPIE Early career member
- MRS member
- Research Associate (2014-2015) at Spintronics and Thin Film Magnetism Laboratory, Department of Physics, IISc Bangalore – 56012
- Post-doctoral fellow (2013-2014) at UTTEI-COMSO Unit, ENEA Casaccia Center, Via Anguillarese-301, 00123 Roma, Italy
- Principal Investigator of UGC Minor Project “Synthesis of Transition Metal Oxide Nanostructures for Optoelectronic Applications”. (Rs. 3,50,000/-), (2016-2018)
- Principal Investigator SARD scheme “Growth and Characterization of Metal Oxide Thin films and Nanostructures for Nonlinear and Solar Cell Applications” funded by KSCSTE, Kerala (Rs. 31,10,000/-), (2017-2020)
- Principal Investigator of KSCSTE Student Project completed (2016-2019; throughout the year)
- National Seminar on Scientific Solutions for Sustainable Rebuilding of Kerala in the Post Flood Scenario, 9th& 10th January 2020, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, India (Organizer)
- Winter School on Materials and Molecular Simulations Using Open Source Softwares: From Theory to Practice, 16th – 22nd October 2019, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala, India (Organizer)
- Refresher Course on Experimental Physics, 13-28 September 2017, Mavelikara, Kerala, India (Local Organizer)
- ETAP -2016, National Conference on Experimental and Theoretical Approaches to Photonic Materials, 5-8 January 2016, Mavelikara, Kerala, India (Convenor)
- OMTAT-2013, International Conference on Optoelectronic Materials and Thin Films for Advanced Technology, 2-5 January 2013, Kochi, India.(as organizing committee)
- NWRTTP- 2011, National Workshop on Recent Trends in Theoretical Physics 19-21 March 2011, Kochi, Kerala, India.
- NCNM- 2008, National Conference on Nanophotonic Materials, 10-12 October 2008, Kochi, India. (as organizing committee)
- Organized annual ten day workshop for school children “Physics: Scope and Awareness” as a part of SPIE CUSAT from 2007 to 2012
Nanostructured Metal Oxides and Devices Optical and Electrical Properties, Materials Horizons: From Nature to Nanomaterials, Springer, ISBN 978-981-15-3314-3 (eBook)
List of Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Adsorption and Photocatalytic Activity of Biosynthesized ZnO Nanoparticle Using Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Lolly Maria Jose, R.S.Arun Raj, Arun Aravind, Nano Express.,(2021).http://doi.org/10.1088/2632-959X/abeec6
- Hydrothermal synthesis and characterization of Zinc Oxide nanoparticles of various shapes under different reaction conditions, Sonima Mohan, Mini Vellakkat, Arun Aravind and Rekha U, Nano Express1, 030028, (2020).
- Structural, optical and magnetic properties of SnS2 nanoparticles and photo response characteristics of p-Si/ n-SnS2 heterojunction diode, Anju Joseph, C.R.Anjitha, Arun Aravind and P.M.Aneesh,, Applied Surface Science, 528, 146977 (2020).
- Stephy Elizabeth George, Merin George, Javeesh Alex, Lija K.Joy, Arun Aravind, D.Sajan, Abhishek Thakur, Shamima Hussain and G.Vinitha, Nonlinear optical and photocatalytic dye degradation of Co doped CeO2 nanostructures synthesized through a modified combustion technique, Ceramics International, 46, 13932–13940 (2020).
- Adsorption studies of hydrothermally synthesized tin oxide nanoparticles, S. Athira, D. A. Nayana, K. K. James and Arun Aravind, AIP Conference Proceedings 2082, 030008 (2019).
- An experimental and computational approach to electronic and optical properties of Diglycine barium chloride monohydrate crystal: Applications to NLO and OLED, J. George, D. Sajan, J. Alex, Arun Aravind, R. Vinitha and R. Chithra, Optics and Laser Technology, 105, 207-220 (2018).
- Twisted intramolecular charge transfer investigation of semi organic L-Glutamic acid hydrochloride single crystal for organic light-emitting and optical limiting applications, Lija K. Joy, Merin George, Javeesh Alex, Arun Aravind, D. Sajan, G. Vinitha Journal of Molecular Structure, 1156, 733-744 (2018).
- Highly luminescent undoped and Mn-doped ZnS nanoparticles by liquid phase pulsed laser ablation, P. M. Aneesh, M. R. Shijeesh, Arun Aravind and M. K. Jayaraj, Applied Physics 116, 1085-1089 (2014).
- Magnetic and Raman scattering studies of Co doped ZnO thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition, Arun Aravind, K. Hasna, M. K. Jayaraj, Mukesh Kumar and Ramesh Chandra, Applied Physics A-doi: 10.1007/s00339-013-7875-0
- The dependence of structural and optical properties of PLD grown ZnO films on the ablation parameters, Arun Aravind, Mukesh Kumar, Ramesh Chandra and M. K. Jayaraj, Applied Surface Science 286, 54 (2013).
- Structural, optical and magnetic properties of Fe - doped barium stannate thin films grown by PLD, K. K. James K. K, Arun Aravind and M. K. Jayaraj, Applied Surface Science, 282, 121 (2013).
- Optical and magnetic properties of Copper doped ZnO nanorods prepared by hydrothermal method, Arun Aravind, M. K. Jayaraj, Mukesh Kumar and Ramesh Chandra, J Mater Sci: Mater Electron, 24:106–112,(2013).
- Optical properties of Cu doped ZnO thin films grown by pulsed laser deposition, Arun Aravind and M. K. Jayaraj, Phys. Express 3, 7 ( 2013).
- Structural, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Highly Oriented Transition Metal (Mn/Co/Ni/Cu) Doped ZnO Thin Films Prepared by PLD, Arun Aravind, M. K. Jayaraj, Mukesh Kumar and Ramesh Chandra, MRS Proceedings, 1454, 239 (2012).
- Structural, Optical and Magnetic properties of Mn doped ZnO thin films prepared by pulsed laser deposition, Arun Aravind, M. K. Jayaraj, Mukesh Kumar and Ramesh Chandra, Materials Science and Engineering B 177, 1017 (2012).
- Defect induced Raman active modes in Mn doped ZnO thin films, Arun Aravind, K. Hasna and M. K. Jayaraj, Proc. of SPIE Vol. 8100, 81001L-1 (2011).
- Dependence of Size of Liquid Phase Pulsed Laser Ablated ZnO Nanoparticles on pH of the Medium, P.M. Aneesh, Arun Aravind, R. Reshmi, R. S. Ajimsha and M. K. Jayaraj, Transactions of Materials Research Society of Japan, 34, 759 (2009).
- Size dependent optical nonlinearity of Au nanocrystals, R. Sreeja, P.M. Aneesh, Arun Aravind, Reshmi, Reji Philip and M. K. Jayaraj, Journal of Electrochemical Society, 156 (10), K167 (2009).
- Photoluminescence of SrS:Cu nanophosphor, E. I. Anila, Arun Aravind and M. K. Jayaraj, Nanotechnology 19, 145604 (2008).
- Luminescence from surfactant free ZnO quantum dots prepared by laser ablation in liquids, R. S. Ajimsha, G. Anoop, Arun Aravind and M. K. Jayaraj, Electrochemical and Solid State Letters 11(2), K14 (2008).
(Also in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, Vol. 17, January 2008)
Papers under Communication
- Single step auto-igniting combustion technique grown CeO2 and Ni-doped CeO2 nanostructures for multifunctional applications, Javeesh Alex, Rajkumar Srinivasan, Elanthamilan Elaiyappillai, Princy Merlin Johnson, Arun Aravind,D.Sajan.
- Investigation of Photocatalytic Behaviour of Manganese doped ZnO nanostructures, Susmi Anna Thomas, Sujit Anil Kadam, Lolly Maria Jose, Yuan-Ron Ma,Arun Aravind.
- Photocatalytic dye degradation Activity of Nickel doped ZnO nanostructures, Lolly Maria Jose, Sujit Anil Kadam, Susmi Anna Thomas, Yuan-Ron Ma,Arun Aravind.
- Photocatalytic Dye Degradation of Zinc Sulfide nanostructures, Susmi Anna Thomas, Lolly Maria Jose, Arun Aravind.
Recent Conference Publications
1) D A Nayana, Arun Aravind and A C Saritha, Optical Studies of Mn Doped ZnO Nanostructures,8th International Conference on Perspectives in Vibrational Spectroscopy(ICOPVS 2020),JNCASR, Bangaluru, India.
2) Prathap Y, Kripa A, Arun Aravind, Dinesh Raj R, Antibacterial Study of Hydrothermally Grown ZnO Nanostructures, International Conference on Energy and Environment(ICEE 2019), 12-14 December 2019, TKM College of Arts and Science, Kollam.
3) Lolly Maria Jose, D.A Nayana, Javeesh Alex, Arun Aravind, Photocatalytic Degradation of Methylene Blue Dye by NiO Nanoparticles Grown by Hydrothermal Method, International Conference on Energy and Environment(ICEE 2019), 12-14 December 2019, TKM College of Arts and Science, Kollam.
4) C S Keerthana, S. Athira, Arun Aravind, A. C. Saritha, Investigation of Antibacterial Effect of Zinc Sulphide Nanoparticles, The International Conference on Optoelectronic and Nanomaterials For Advanced Technology iCONMAT 2019, January 2-5, 2019.
5) Anjana S Nair, Saritha A C, Sajan D and Arun Aravind, Antibacterial Study of ZnO Nanoparticles Grown by Hydrothermal Method, The International Conference on Optoelectronic and Nanomaterials For advanced Technology iCONMAT 2019, January 2-5, 2019.
6) RS Arun Raj , D. A. Nayana , D. Sajan and Arun Aravind, Synthesis and characterization of ZnS nanostructures grown by Hydrothermal Method, International Conference on Advanced Nanostructures (ICAN-2018), 12-14 March 2018, Pathanamthitta, Kerala.
7) Arun Aravind and R. S. Arun Raj, Enhanced photocatalytic activity of Cu doped ZnO nanostructures, National Seminar on Thin Film Technology and Applications (TFTA-18), 15-17 February 2018, MG University, Kottayam, Kerala.
8) Roshin Anie Roy, Javeesh Alex and Arun Aravind, Photocatalytic degradation of Malachite Green dye under sunlight irradiation using ZnO nanostructures, International Conference on Advanced Nanostructures (ICAN-2018), 12-14 March 2018, Pathanamthitta, Kerala.
9) Arun Aravind, D. A. Nayana, Arun Raj and M. K. Jayaraj, Growth of ZnO nanostructures by physical and chemical methods, National Seminar on Contemporary Applications in Material Science & Technology (CAMST-18), 28th February 2018, Trichy, Tamilnadu.
10) R.S. Arun Raj, D.A. Nayana, Javeesh Alex, Arun Aravind, Photocatalytic activity of hydrothermally grown ZnO nanostructures, International Conference on (I-COLD-17),20 – 22 November 2017, IIT Madras, Chennai.
11) Aravind Arun, Jayaraj M K, Optical Studies of Hydrothermally Grown ZnO Nanostructures, ICMAT, 18 – 23 June 2017, Suntec, Singapore.
12) R.S. Arun Raj, ALEX, Javeesh; D, Sajan and Aravind Arun, Synthesis and Characterization of ZnO Nanoparticles using Aloe Vera Extract,; ICMAT 2017, 18 – 23 June 2017, Suntec, Singapore.
13) R. S. Arun Raj and Arun Aravind, Biosynthesis and characterization of silver nanoparticles using aloe vera extract, National Photonics Symposium (NPS-2017), 27 Feb – 1 March, 2017 CUSAT, Cochin.