Name: Nair Anup Chandrasekharan
- “Ragasudha”, Kottarcavu, Mavelikara-690101, Kerala
- “Aditya”, Darshana Nagar, Pattatanam, Kollam, Kerala.
Languages Known: English, Malayalam, Hindi and Gujarati.
*Cleared the Eligibility Test for Lectureship accredited by the U.G.C in 2002.
Degree Year Percentage
M.Phil 2004 65
Assistant Professor, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from Aug. 16, 2010 till date.
Assistant Professor, Department of English, Christ College, Rajkot for three years
Assistant Professor, Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, Saurashtra University for three years
The Syndicate of the University of Kerala granted guide ship on 23/12/2016 in the subject English under the faculty of Arts. At present guiding five scholars for their PhD dissertations.
Minor Research Project:
Submitted the UGC Minor Research Project of Rs. 1,30,000/-entitled “Exploring the ‘mindscape’ of Indian Renaissance poets in the context of the colonial encounter” in July 2014.
Publication Details :
Books Published: Nair, Anup Chandrasekharan, Henry Derozio: A Maverick Marvel. ISBN 978-3-659-44941-3 lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Av Akademikerverlag GmbH and Co. K G Germany, 2015.
Nair, Anup Chandrasekharan Etd., Religious Response to Ecological Challenges. ISBN 978-3-8465-5251-3, lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Av Akademikerverlag GmbH and Co. K G Germany, 2012.
Nair, Anup Chandrasekharan, R.K Narayan’s The Guide As a Visual and Verbal Text: An Analysis in Comparison. ISBN 978-93-80033-04-4, Paradise Publisher’s ,Jaipur, 2010.
The Modern Age: A Critical Study of the Representative Literary Figures and their Work Published by Saurashtra University, Rajkot in 2006.
Literary Criticism: From Plato to the Present Day is commissioned for publication by the Saurashtra University and is to be brought out by June, 2007.
- ‘Eco-consciousness’ in the Poetry of the Early Indian English Poets”, Indian Journal of Postcolonial Literatures, Newman College, Thodupuzha, December 2017.
- ‘Knowledge’ as an Imperialistic Tool: A Survey,English Activities Update, Centre for Faculty Resource Development in English, Thiruvananthapuram, June/December 2017.
- “Exploring the Mindscape of select Indian Renaissance Poets in the Context of the Colonial Encounter”, Indian Journal of Postcolonial Literatures, Newman College, Thodupuzha, December 2015
- “Mapping the Oriental Discourse in the Poetry of Toru Dutt”,English Activities Update, Centre for Faculty Resource Development in English, Thiruvananthapuram, January 2015
- "RK Narayan's The Guide as Verbal and Visual Texts: An Analysis in Comparison", Perspective on Indian English Fiction, ed. Dodia Jaydipsinh, Delhi: Sarup & Sons, 2006.
- "Scrutinizing Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Americans", Critical Essays on Indian Writing in English, ed. Dodia Jaydipsinh, Delhi: Sarup & Sons, 2006.
- Murshid, Ghulam. Lured by Hope: A Biography Of Michael Madhusudan Dut, New Delhi: OUP,2003: Reviewed in Critical Practice, January 2005 issue.
- Bhartiya Chintan Dhara: Sahitya Ke Kshetra mein Hindi, Hazariprasad Dwivedi, translated in to English. Critical Discourse and Colonialism eds. A. K. Singh and S. Mukherjee. New Delhi: Creative Books, 2005
- Identifying handicaps and surviving: Firdus Kangra's Trying to Grow as a tale of an individual and community, ed. Dodia Jaydipsinh, Perspective on Indian English Fiction New Delhi: Dominant Publishers and Distributors,2002.
- Nissim Ezekiel: A Bird's Eye View ed. Dodiya Jaydipsinh, Perspectictives on Indian English Poetry New Delhi: Dominant Publishers and Distributers,2000.
- Chaired a session on ‘Re/visioning Myth, Culture and Films’ in an International Colloquium on Literature, Theory and History of Ideas organized by Department of English, MSM College, Kayankulum on 3,4 and 5 October, 2018 in collaboration with Centre for Culture Studies, University of Kerala and Littcrit, supported by KSHEC.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Eco-consciousness’ in the Poetry of the Early Indian English Poets at the International Conference on ‘Why Ecocriticism’ jointly organized by FSLE-India and Sikkim Government College, Tadong on 22nd and 23rd November, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “The Poetry of Emily Dickenson and Toru Dutt: An analysis in comparison” organised by the Department of English and CLS, Saurashtra University, Rajkot in 2010.
- At the three days International Conference on Global Warming, Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Secular Spirituality conducted by Santhigiri Research Foundation in association with UNESCO, TERI and American Center from 9-11 September, 2010.
- Was the Joint Convener of the organizing committee for International Conference on “The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security” held at Bishop Moore College from 3rd to 5th March, 2011.
- Presented a paper entitled Literature 'into' Media: A Case Study at an International Seminar on Comparative Literature organised by the School of Letters, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala in 2006.
- Presented a paper title “Identifying handicaps and surviving: Firdus Kangra's Trying to Grow as a Tale of an Individual and Community” in a National Seminar organised by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government First Grade College, Koratagere, Tumkur District, Karnataka on 16th February, 2018.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Knowledge’ as an Imperialistic Tool: A survey’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Re – ‘tracking’ the Celluloid: Sustaining Indian Knowledge Systems: Academic Representations Through English Studies on 05 & 06 December 2017, Organized by PG Department of English NSS College, Pandalam.
- Presented a paper ‘Human Rights Violation and Kashmiri Pandits: The Deafening Silence of the ‘Secular’ Voices in the Face of Forced Displacements’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of Economics, History and Political Science, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara on 22 and 23 February, 2016.
- Presented a paper ‘Green Parables’ in the National Seminar organised by the Church of South India, Department of Ecological Concerns at Chennai on 24 and 25 August, 2016.
- Chaired a session on ‘Technology Embedded Instruction in English Classroom’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of English, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara on 23 and 24 October, 2014.
- Presented a paper titled “Indian Renaissance Poetry in English” in the National Seminar on “The English Language and Literature in India” held on 13th February, 2012
- Presented a paper titled "Approaching Poetry in the Classroom" at Morbi in 2006.
- "Scrutinizing Anurag Mathur's The Inscrutable Americans at Upleta in 2004.
- "Comparing a novel and its film: Theory and Practice" at Rajkot in 2000.
- "Analysing Film Adaptions: Guided by The Guide" at Rajkot in 2000.
- "Comparing a Novel and it's Film: Theory and Practice" at Rajkot in 2000.
- "Ezekiel the Poet: A Bird's Eye View" at Rajkot in 1999.
- "Identifying Handicaps and Surviving: Firdus Kanga's Trying to Grow as a Tale of an Individual and a community" at Rajkot in 1999.
- "An analysis of Raja Rao's The Cat and Shakespeare as a Metaphysical and Ontological comedy" at Rajkot in 1998.
- "Analysis of Raja Rao's The Cat and Shakespeare as an anti-novel." at Rajkot in 1997.
- Participated in the international seminar on ‘Decolonizing Theories of the Emotions’ organised by The Centre for Women’s Studies, University of Kerala from 11 to 13 November, 2015.
- Participated in the National Seminar ‘Emerging Dimensions of Quality in Higher Education’ organised by NAAC, Bishop Moore College during 25 and 26 March, 2013
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of English, Bishop Moore College on the 13th and 14th August, 2013.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar organised by the Department of English, NSS College, Pandalam on 24,25 and 26th October, 2013.
Am the coordinator of Foundation for the study of Literature and Environment (FSLE- India) for the Kerala (South) region. ( http://www.fsleindia.org/dr-nair-anup-chandrasekharan/ )
Additional Skill Acquisition Programme:
- Continuing as the Coordinator, Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala at Bishop Moore College since April 2014. The College is an ASAP training center and also an ASAP institution.
- Served as a Resource Person for the Four Day SDE Training Workshop at Thiruvananthapuram under the University Integration Scheme, ASAP, Department of Higher Education, Govt. of Kerala from 3rd to 6th June, 2017.
- Was the Master Trainer for the ASAP batch at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara in May-June, 2014, May-June 2015 and May-June 2016
- Was the Master Trainer for the ASAP batches at IHRD, Mavelikara and Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara in May, June and July 2013.
- Participated in the two day residential professional development programme ‘IGNITE’ under ASAP, Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala from 6/11/2016 to 7/11/2016.
- Participated in the two days Residential Training Programme for Master Training Partner Scheme of ASAP conducted by the Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala in April 2014, March 2015 and March 2016.
- Participated in the four days Residential Training Programme for Master Training Partner Scheme of ASAP conducted by the Higher Education Department, Government of Kerala form 18/04/2013 to 21/04/2013.
Kerala Legislative Assembly-Language Expert
Served as a language expert for the National Legislators’ Conference on ‘The Challenges in the Empowerment of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in Independent India’ organised by the Kerala Legislative Assembly on 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 7th August, 2018 at the Legislature Complex, Thiruvananthapuram.
APJ Technological University
Dr. Nair Anup Chandrasekharan was nominated as a Jury for MBA soft skills test by APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University in 2018. He conducted the soft skills test, a part of the MBA Curriculum on 13/04/2018 at Mount Zion Institute of Science and Technology Chengannur, Kerala.
Board of Studies Workshop
Dr. Nair Anup Chandrasekharan participated in the Workshop on Revision of Syllabi of BA English Literature and BA Communicative English organised by the Board of Studies in English (Pass), University of Kerala, at Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram, on 20th September, 2017.
Coordinator Add on Course:
Was the Coordinator of the UGC Add on course in Jounalism and Mass Communication for four years from 2010 to 2014.
Editorship of the College Newsletter:
Edited the Bishop Moore College Newsletter in the academic years 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2018
National Service Scheme:
- Was the NSS Programme Officer for three academic years from 2010 to 2013.
- Was the Contingent Leader for Kerala Team for the South Zone Pre-RD Parade Selection-2012 by NSS Regional Centre, Banglore University, Banglore from 28th Sept to 7th October, 2012.
- Participated in the ‘Training of Trainers Programme on Youth for Gender Equity for NSS Programme Officers’ organized by Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu from 2nd to 4th November, 2011.
- Completed the Orientation Course for Programme Officers of the National Service Scheme, organized by Empanelled Training Institution (ETI) for NSS at Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kalamassery.
- Underwent the “Feel Teacher” Learning and Development Intervention conducted from 25 through 27 April, 2013 at CMS College, Kottayam by College for Leadership and Human Resource Development, Manglore, Karnataka.
- Participated in the College Level Training Program on general informatics conducted by Kerala State Higher Education Council and Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara held at Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara from 20th to 22nd December, 2010.
- Was the CONVENOR of the UGC workshop on "Translating Indian Renaissance Poetry from Gujarati and Hindi into English" organized by the Department of English and C.L.S, Saurashtra University under the auspices of the UGC Special Assistance Programme on December 22 and 23.2006.
- Participated in the U.G.C workshop on “Translating Indian Renaissance Short Stories in Gujarati and Hindi into English" in December, 2005.
- Participated in the U.G.C workshop on "Translating Indian Renaissance Critical Writings in Guajarati and Hindi into English." in Sept. 2004.
Short Term Course:
Participated in a Short Term Course in Environmental Studies at UGC HRDC, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram from 05/03/2018 to 12/03/2018.
- Participated in a UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in English at UGC HRDC, University of North Bengal, Siliguri from 09/01/2018 to 29/01/2018.
- Participated in the UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Women’s Studies, conducted by the UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, from 07-10-2014 to 27-10-2014
Participated in the UGC Sponsored Special Winter School conducted by the UGC Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Kariavattom form 28-11-2013 to 18-12-2013 and obtained grade ‘A’.
Attended the Orientation Programme sponsored by the University Grants Commission from 28/02/2005 to 27/03/2005 at the Academic Staff College, Saurashtra University, Rajkot.
- Served as the Judge in the inter collegiate paper presentation competition on ‘Bigotry and Textual Practice: Reflections on Intolerance in Contemporary Culture.’ Under the banner of Festival of Ideas, held at Christian College, Chengannur on 10th November, 2017.
- Was the Resource Person in the two days Residential Intercollegiate Workshop on “Gender Sensitization” on 22nd and 23rd February, 2013 at Fatima Mata National College, Kollam
- Was the Academic Consultant for the Communication Skills Programme at the National School of Interior Design from 2001to 2009.
- Was the Academic Counselor for the Communication Skills Courses at Indira Gandhi National Open University ( IGNOU) for the academic years 2008 -2009 and also 2009-2010.
- Was the resource person in the U.G.C sponsored Refresher Course at the Academic Staff College, Rajkot in Feb. 2007 and 2005.
- Was the resource person in the T.V talks organized by BAOU in March 2007 and 2005.
- Trained the students of MBA Programme at the Department of Business Management, Saurashtra University in Communication Skills in 2008-2009
NCC: Passed the Certificate 'C' examination held under the authority of Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Am the Warden of the MA(English) course 2018-2020 batch at the College.
Was the Warden of the BA (English) course, 2011-2014 batch at the College.
Journalism: Was associated with The Times of India as a Sub-Editor for some time before quitting the job to join academics.