DEEPA THOMAS M.Sc., BEd
Department of Chemistry
Bishop Moore College
Kerala, India, 690110
Kerala, India, 689 531
- Ph. D from University of Kerala-2020
- Master of Science, Chemistry, C.M.S College, Kottayam, Mahatma Gandhi University – 2003
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, St.Thomas College,Ranny, Mahatma Gandhi University – 2001
Research ExperienceOn going UGC minor research project entitled “Preparation and Evaluation of metal cross linked alginic acid beads for drug delivery of poorly water soluble drugs”.
Research InterestsResearch area of interest: Biopolymer based nanoparticles for drug delivery and wound healing applications
Teaching ExperienceWorking as Assistant Professor in the Research and Post Graduate (DST‐FIST sponsored) Department of Chemistry, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, Kerala,India, since 4tht January 2012.
- National Worjshop on Advances in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,M.G University ,Kottayam, 23rd March 2013.
- National Seminar on Recent Advances in Polymer Science and Technology.MarIvanios College,Thiruvanathapuram.23rd June 2012.
- Workshop on Selected Topics in Theoretical Chemistry.Christian College,Chengannur.2011
- Workshop on Polymer Chemistry,Our Life Our Future.Organised by Society for Polymer Science.India.University of Kerala.24 September 2011.
- Workshop on Open Source Drug Delivery System (OSDD) held at NIIST Trivandrum,2011.
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Book Chapter - “Chemical Modification of Chitosan and its Biomedical application.”Bio Polymer Nanocomposites.Wiley Publication.2013.
- Acted as a Resource person in popularising chemistry among school students as part of International Year of Chemistry celebration.Dec 2011.(St.Behanan’s Higher Secondary School,Vennikkulam,C.M.S High School,Nedungadappally,Ponkunnam Varkey Smaraka Higher Secondary School School, Pambady)
- Date of Birth –13.01.1981
- Nationality – Indian
- Languages Known – English, Hindi, Malayalam
- Computer Skills – MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- R.Reshmi, Deepa Thomas, Eapen Philip, Sherley A. Paul, Aravind Madhavan, Raveendran Sindhu, Ranjna Sirohi, Sunita Vajrani, Arivalagan Pugazhendhi, Ashok Pandey, Parameswaran Binod.Bioplastic production from renewable lignocellulosic feedstocks: a review. Reviews in Environmental science and Biotechnology, 2021 (20) 167-187
- Deepa Thomas ,Neethu Mathew,Megha S. Nath. Starch modified alginate nanoparticles for drug delivery application. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2021(173) 277-284
- Deepa Thomas, Megha S. Nath, Neethu Mathew, Reshmy R.,Eapen Philip, M.S. Latha. Alginate film modified with aloevera gel and cellulose nanocrystals for wound dressing application: Preparation, characterization and in vitro evaluation. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 2020 (59)101894
- Deepa Thomas, K. Kurien Thomas , M.S. Latha. Preparation and evaluation of alginate nanoparticles prepared by green method for drug delivery applications. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, 2020 (154) 888–895
- Deepa Thomas, Vinish V. Nair , M. S. Latha, K. Kurien Thomas. Theoretical and experimental studies on theophylline release from hydrophilic alginate nanoparticles. 2019 (5), 2
- Deepa Thomas, M.S. Latha and K. Kurien Thomas. Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of alginate-cellulose nanocrystals hybrid nanoparticles for the controlled oral delivery of rifampicin. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 2018(46) 392–399
- Deepa Thomas, M.S. Latha and K. Kurien Thomas., Alginate/Chitosan Nanoparticles for Improved Oral Delivery of Rifampicin: Optimization, Characterization and in vitro Evaluation. Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2018 30 (4) 736-740
- Deepa Thomas, M.S. Latha and K. Kurien Thomas., Evaluation of The Antibacterial Activity of Calcium Alginate Beads Modified With Ethanolic Extract of Adhatoda Vasica Leaf Extract On Staphylococcus Aureus And Escherichia Coli. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2018 11 (3) 68-70
- Deepa Thomas, M.S. Latha and K. Kurian Thomas.,Zinc-Alginate Beads for the Controlled Release of Rifampicin. Oriental Journal Of Chemistry 2018 34(1) 428-433
- Reshmy, Deepa Thomas, Raveendran Sindhu, Parameswaran Binod, Ashok Pandey Biofilms: Engineering Approaches to Enhance Process Efficiency, Bioelectrochemical Systems: Vol.2 Current and Emerging Applications, Volume 2, 2020
- Chemical modification of chitosan and its biomedical application. Deepa Thomas, Sabu Thomas, Biopolymer nanocomposites processing, properties, and applications, 2013