Bessy Mary Philip, M.Sc.
Department of Chemistry,
Bishop Moore College,
Kerala, India, 690110
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kerala, India, 690110
Phone - 04792300420
• Qualified CSIR UGC-JRF in Chemical Science, 2011
• Master of Science in Analytical Chemistry, 2010, Bishop Moore College, University of Kerala
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 2008, Bishop Moore College, University of Kerala Teaching Experience
• Working as Assistant Professor in Research and Post Graduate (DST-FIST sponsored) Department of Chemistry, Bishop Moore College since 04-09-2013.
• One year experience as guest lecturer in Post Graduate and Research Department of Chemistry, Bishop Moore College.
• Pursuing Ph.D. on “Synthesis and Spectral Investigation on Coumarinyl Thiourea Derivatives”
• Part time research scholar at Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala Research Interests
• Computational Chemistry and Vibrational Spectroscopy Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
• Molecular docking and spectral analysis of (5,7-Dimethyl-2-oxo-2Hchromen 4-yl)-methyl diethyldithiocarbamate: A potential bioactive agent: Elsevier: Chemical Physics Letters 711(2018) 87-99.
• Book chapter on “Plant fiber based composites”, in “Green Composites from Natural Resources” by Dr. Thakur V. Publisher: Taylor & Francis (2013).
Presentations in Seminars
• Presented a paper on the topic, “Natural Bond Orbital Analysis of Bergapten: A DFT approach” at International seminar on Recent Research and Developments in Material Science”-RRDMS-2019 held on 15-11-2019 organized by All Saints College, Thiruvananthapuram. Kerala
• Poster presentation on Synthesis and NBO analysis of Bergapten in International Symposium on Advanced Functional Materials (ISAFM 2018) on 12th October 2018 organised by Mar Ivanious College, Trivandrum.
• Poster presentation on Theoretical and Vibrational spectral Investigation of (5, 7- Dimethyl-2-oxo-2H- chromen-4-yl)-methyl diethyldithiocarbamate in “International Conference on Material Science and Technology” ICMST 2016 organised by the Department of Physics, ST.Thomas College, Palai from 05-08 June 2016.
• Lecture on "Nobel Prize in Chemistry-2013" in the Nobel Prize Lecture Series conducted by Science Club, Bishop Moore College on 28th November 2013.
• One-week National Faculty Development Program on Research Ethics and Characterisation Techniques in Materials Science, 9-15 September 2020, Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre, University of Delhi, Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara, St. John’s College, Agra
• Two weeks MOOC course with e certification on” Online learning and content development “from 18 April to 2 May 2020 organised by FLAIR Kerala, Directorate of Collegiate Education, Kerala.
• One week E Summer School on” Advanced Functional Materials for Energy Harvesting, Storage and Biomedical Applications” from 13 – 20 May 2020 organized by Bishop Moore College in association with KSHSE
• Participated in the Moodle Learning Management System training organized at Sree Narayana College, Chengannur in January 2020 semester, with course material provided by the Spoken Tutorial Project, IIT Bombay Education Council.
• One week Faculty Development Program on ICT Tools in Teaching Chemistry organised by St.Teresa’s college from 2 to 6 September 2020.
• Participation in the 161st Orientation Programme at UGC –Human Resource Development Centre (HRDC), Kerala University, Kariavattom Campus, from 27 Feb to 26 March 2019.
• Participation in Science Academies Refresher Course in Statistical Mechanics by Indian Academy of Science from 02 to16 May 2018.
• Participated in five-day Workshop on “Software Schrodinger” conducted by S.N College Chengannur in December 2016.
• Participated in the "National seminar on New Frontiers in Chemistry" organised by Department of chemistry, University College, Trivandrum sponsored by Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala on 3rd March 2015
• Participated in the seminar on "2D and 3D NMR Spectroscopy and Open Forum on Newly Introduced MSc Inorganic Practical-Spectral and Thermal Analysis of metal complexes" conducted by Academy of Chemistry Teachers on 28-2-2015 at Govt.
Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram.
• Two-day workshop on "Microscale Practicals in Chemistry" organised by Board of studies in Chemistry [PASS], University of Kerala at NSS College, Pandalam on 6th and 7th March 2014.
• Participated in "Workshop for Internal mentors of the Walk with Scholar" programme of the Dept of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala, held at SN
College for Women, Kollam on 27-10-14.
• Organising member in the national seminar on "Recent Trends in General Chemistry" organised by Post Graduate and Research Department of Chemistry Bishop Moore College held on 16th and 17th October 2014.
• Associate coordinator of one week faculty development programme on Instrumental methods of analysis in association with Guru Angad Dev Teaching Learning Centre of MHRD held from 7 to 13 October 2020
• Convenor of Rev (Prof.) K.C Mathew Endowment Lecture Workshop on Computational Chemistry held on 13-03-2017.
• Convenor of one day state seminar on Group Theory and computational Chemistry held on 12-12-2017 sponsored by KSCSTE
• Internal mentor of the programme Walk with a Scholar for the year 2014-2015.