ASHISH VARUGHESE M.Com., B.Ed., MBA., M. Phil
Department of Commerce
Bishop Moore College
(NAAC Reaccredited with B+ grade)
Mavelikara Alappuzha District
Kerala, India, 689122 Kerala, India, 690 511
Email firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 9446708236
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Bharathiar University Coimbatore 2011
M.Phil in Commerce, Annamalai University, Chidambaram 2008
Bachelor of Education in Commerce (B.Ed), Peet Memorial Training College Mavelikara Kerala University , 2005
Master of Commerce (M.Com) CMS College, Kottayam, Mahatma Gandhi University 2003
Diploma in Computerised Accounting
Ongoing Ph. D in Research in Commerce Part time M. G University Kottayam Impact of Foreign Institutional Investors on Indian Stock Market (2011 Nov till date).
M. Phil. Dissertation entitled Problems and Prospects of Marketing of Tourism Services in Kerala State with Special Reference to Alappuzha District Kerala
My research area is Finance and Capital Market
* Working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Commerce Bishop Moore College Mavelikara since 6th December 2013
* Three years of experience as an Asst. Professor (Finance) in Department of Management Studies MACFAST Thiruvalla affiliated to M.G University
* Two years of experience as Guest Lecturer in the Post Graduate Department of Commerce BAM College Thuruthicadu.
* Worked as an Audit Assistant in a Chartered Accountant firm M J Thomas & Co Thiruvalla.
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Perception of Tourists Visiting Kerala a Micro Study Southern Economist, Monthly Journal, Vol 48, Issue 18. January 15, 2010. pp 41-45. (ISSN 0038 4046)
2. Performance of Kerala Tourism Industry - JIM Journal of Indian Management and Strategy, Vol. 15, No. 4 Dec 2010.pp 12-25. (ISSN 0973-9335)
3. Kerala a Major Tourism Attraction Business and Travel Times.Vol.1, Issue 1 Sep 2009. pp 50-53
4. Perception of Tourists about Accommodation Facilities in Alappuzha Distinct of Kerala Research Lines, Vol. IV, No. 1-C June 2011.pp 233-240. (ISSN 0975 8941)
5. Foreign Institutional Investments in India and Economic Developments: Challenges and Opportunities Managing the future, Vol.1 Issue 2 July 2011. pp 170-179. (ISSN 0975 -0045)
6. Network Marketing of Amway Products by Distributors Mirror - Peer Referred Bi-annual Research Journal, Vol. II No. 1- A, March 2012. pp 125 - 137 (ISSN 2249- 8117)
7. Tourists Perception towards Package tour and Traveling Style SAJOSPS South Asian Journal of Socio Political Studies, Vol XII No.1 Dec 2012. pp 117-120 (ISSN 0972- 4613)
8. Problems and Prospects of Backwater Tourism in Kerala with special reference to Alappuzha District Indian Journal of Marketing, New Delhi, Vol.43 No. 4, April 2013 pp 18-29 (ISSN 0973 8703) 9. Foreign Institutional Investments and Volatility of Indian Stock Markets SAJOSPS South Asian Journal of Socio Political Studies, Vol XIII No. 2 Jan - June 2013. pp 95 99 (ISSN 0972- 4613)
Paper Presentations in international and National Seminars
1. Foreign Institutional Investments and Volatility of Indian Stock Market: An Empirical Analysis - UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Challenges and prospects in finance and Financial services organised by Department of Commerce S D College Alappuzha on 25th & 26th of Sep 2014
2. Foreign Institutional Investments and Development of Indian Stock Market International Seminar on Capital Market Issues and Challenges organised by Bharatidasan University Trichy - 8th & 9th Jan 2011
3. Foreign Institutional Investments and Volatility of Indian Stock Market International Seminar on Capital Market Issues and Challenges organised by Bharatidasan University Trichy - 8th & 9th Jan 2011.
4. Foreign Institutional Investment in Indian and Economic Development: - Challenges and Opportunities UGC sponsored National Seminar on Recent Trends in Financial Services, organised by P.G Department of Commerce, BAM College Thuruthicadu on 2nd and 3rd of September 2010.
5. Kudumbasree an Innovative Strategy for Economic Growth - National Conference on Organisational Strategies for the Current Economic Scenario, organised by KLN College of Engineering, Pottapalayam, Madurai, Tamil Nadu on 25th of October 2009.
6. The Changing Scenario of Indian Insurance Sector UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Impact of Globalization on Insurance Sector, organised by Nallamuthu Gounder Mahalingam College Pollachi, Tamil Nadu on 30th &31st of March 2008.
7. Significance of Eco-Tourism in the Socio Economic Perceptive - UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Role of Tourism in the Economic Development of a Nation, organised by Department of Philosophy Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu on 25th & 26th of April 2007.
8. Role of Factoring Services to Accelerate the Economic Development of India - International Seminar on Emerging Paradigm in Financial Services, organised by Bharathidasan University & Cauvery College Trichy, Tamil Nadu on 7th & 8th of April 2007.
9. Health Tourism-A Boom for Indias Economic Development - UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Role of Tourism in the Economic Development of a Nation, organised by Department of Philosophy Annamalai University, Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu on 25th & 26th of April 2007.
Trainings Programs Workshops and Seminars Attended
* Management Teachers Training Programme on Inner and Outer Transformation organised by Alberts Institute of Management Ernakulum from 25th to 27th September 2008.
* AICTE sponsored 15 days Staff Development Programme on Advance Level Intensive Training Programme in IT and Management at MACFAST, Thiruvalla - 11th to 25th Feb 2009.
* Econometrics Workshop Organised by Department of Economics S B College Changanacherry from 30th April to 5th May 2014
* UGC Sponsored National Seminar organized by the Department of Commerce C M S College Kottayam on The Impact of Globalisation on the MSME Sector in Kerala on 18th and 19th April 2013
* National Seminar on Green Marketing, ogranised by Department of Commerce Gonvt Art College Thiruvananthapuram on 13th Dec 2013
* Workshop on Statistical Analysis On 20th and 21st Sep 2014 Department of Commerce S D College Alappuzha
Achievements Positions/Responsibilities held
* BSE Certification on Securities Market - BCSM
* Asst Coordinator; AICTE Sponsored 15 days Staff Development Programme at MACFAST.
* Pre and post launching survey of Radiomacfast 90.4 FM Radio Station.
* Faculty Coordinator - TANTRA- An All India Management Meet organised at MACFAST
* Debate Club Convener Bishop Moore College Mavelikara
Date of Birth 29th May1980
Languages Known English and Malayalam