ANNE ANGELINE ABRAHAM, Ph D
Kunnath, Mallappally East, Kerala – 689 584, India
- Associate Professor & HoD in English, with a teaching experience of twenty-five years
- Effective organiser, with skills in organisation, planning and documentation
- Compere of events for twenty-five years
- Coordinator of programmes that impact the academic arena and society
- 2008 –Ph D in English
- 1994 – UGC National Eligibility Test for Lectureship
- 1993 – MA – English Language and Literature
ACADEMIC/ TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Member of Faculty, Dept. of English, Bishop Moore College, Kerala (India), for twenty- five years. Involved in teaching Graduate and Post Graduate classes.
- Head of the Department of English from 2018.
UGC MINOR RESEARCH PROJECT IN HUMANITIES
Trajectories of the American and Indian Scenario: Culture in Nikki Giovanni and ChetanBhagat - sanctioned by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of the Govt. of India for Minor Research Project in Humanities.
- Research Supervisor in English, University of Kerala.
- Completed one Minor Project, sanctioned by the UGC, Govt. of India.
- Supervised MA Projects for seventeen years.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Interview Panel Member for various campus/ skill identification recruitments.
- Member of Selection Committees for Faculty recruitment
- Member, Academic Board of Studies in English
- Convener/ Member in Committees related to Publication, Counselling and Research
- Member in bodies to monitor quality assurance and accreditation
- Resource Person/ Jury in National level programmes and competitions
- Resource Person in National Workshops/ State level selection bodies
- Presiding Officer for Civic Elections
- Staff Council Secretary of the College for two years
- Seven articles to credit in International and National level Peer reviewed publications
- Books Edited – 1
- Editor, Golden Jubilee Souvenir of College
- Editor/ Member of Publication Committees
NATIONAL WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Academic Innovation- 3
- Academic Innovation- 3 / Quality Enhancement – 2
- Skill Development – 3/ Online workshops- 8
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES ATTENDED
- Managing Diversity in the Era of Globalization: Culture, Environment & Tourism in Canada and India
- International Ecological Conference
- The Impact of Climate Change on Food Security
- 12th International MELOW Conference
- International Conference on Marxism
- 15 Seminars on areas related to academics, media and innovative teaching
- 4 International and 6 National conferences conducted
- Life Member, OUCIP, Hyderabad
- Member, ELTAI, India
- Member, IATEFL, UK
- Trainer in Soft Skills; Coordinator in Event Management; Designer of Aptitude and Value Development; Facilitator for Remedial Coaching; Student Mentor; Coordinator of Co-curricular activities; Resource Person for English Language Skills in Faculty Development programmes.
AVENUES OF INTEREST
- Travel (International exposure till date: England, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Nepal, Singapore; Has travelled extensively throughout India)
- Movies, Music, Reading