Department of Physics
Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara
Mob: +91 9495660255
- To carry out research in multifunctional materials and their applications.
- To improve knowledge and skills in experimental Physics.
- To convey my acquired knowledge to the growing young scientist technologists of tomorrow.
- To enhance scope for upward movement in career opportunities.
Ph.D in Physics from Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT).
Title of Ph.D thesis: Manifestation of Colossal Thermoelectric Power by Charge Ordered Small and Intermediate Bandwidth Manganites
Name of Ph.D Supervisor: Prof. M. R. Anantharaman., Professor, Department of Physics, CUSAT.
Ph.D Registration Details
Registration No: 3899, Registration Date 01/12/2010.
- Post Graduation in Physics with 75.6% in aggregate in June 2009 from University of Kerala, Kerala, India
- Graduation in Physics with 94.7% in aggregate in April 2007 from University of Kerala, Kerala, India.
- Passed Higher Secondary examination with 92% in aggregate in April 2004, with optional subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics under The Board of Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, India.
- Passed SSLC with 87% in aggregate in March 2002 under The Board of Public Examinations, Kerala, India.
- Supervised M. Phil Projects entitled
1) “On the Magnetic and Dielectric Properties of B-Site Substituted Orthoferrites” in year 2018.
2) “ Double Perovskite of Gd-Manganites Based on Fe/Cr as Potential Multiferroic Material” in year 2019.
- Co- Supervised M. Phil Projects entitled
1) “Size Dependent Optical and Magnetic Properties of some Nanocomposites based on SiO2” in year 2012.
2) “On the Structural, Dielectric, Magnetic and Optical Properties of Pristine and Calcium Substituted Ytterbium Manganites” in year 2014.
- Worked in Institute of Physics, Technical University of Chemnitz, Germany, under the guidance of Prof. Manfred Albrecht and group for the period 2nd July 2013- 15th September 2013.
- Worked under INUP project in IIT Bombay.
- Worked on XRD studies of Cobalt oxide nanoparticles as part of Masters Degree in Physics.
- UGC RFSMS National Research Fellowship (JRF & SRF) from 2012-2016.
- Worked on a project entitled “Thin films based on manganites for thermoelectric applications” got sanctioned under Indian Nanoelectronics Users Programme (INUP), IIT Bombay, Powaii, India.
- Passed two course modules, Accelerators, Beam Optics & Beam Transport, of Ph.D Teaching Programme conducted by Inter University Accelerator Centre (An Autonomous Centre of UGC), New Delhi with A+ & A grade respectively.
Peer reviewed Publications
- “Highly enhanced dielectric permittivity in CoFe2O4 by the Gd substitution in the octahedral sites” P Anjana, RS Arun Raj, Rosmy Jose, Manisha Kumari, PM Sarun, D Sajan, Lija K Joy, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 854 155758 (2021)
- “Nonlinear optical and photocatalytic dye degradation of Co doped CeO2 nanostructures synthesized through a modified combustion technique” Stephy Elizabeth George, Merin George, Javeesh Alex, Lija K Joy, Arun Aravind, D Sajan, Abhishek Thakur, Shamima Hussain, G Vinitha, Ceramics International 46 13932-13940 (2020)
- “Crystal growth, dielectric studies, charge transfer and ionic hydrogen-bonding interactions of L-arginine hydrobromide monohydrate single crystal: A novel third order nonlinear optical material for optoelectronic applications” Jerin Susan John, M. Saravana Kumar, Lija K Joy,D Sajan, G Vinitha, N Vijayan, Nimmy L John, Optics & Laser Technology 125 106043 (2020)
- “Synthesis, physicochemical properties and third-order optical nonlinearities of cadmium (II) dibromide L-Proline monohydrate for optical limiting application” Rejeena V Rajan, Lija K Joy, D Sajan, AK Thomas, S Sathiskumar, T Balakrishnan, G Vinitha, Journal of Molecular Structure 1204 127457 (2020)
- “Growth, Structural, third order nonlinear optical properties, dielectric properties, conductivity mechanisms and spectroscopic characterization of a luminescent material trans-diaqua-bis (pyridine-2-carboxylato) – cobalt (ii) dehydrate for optoelectronic applications.”, Rejeena V Rajan, S Gowri, N Manopradha, D R Leenaraj, Lija K Joy, D. Sajan, Optics & Laser Technology 119 105664 (2019)
- “Vibrational spectra, dielectric properties, conductivity mechanisms and third order nonlinear optical properties of guanidinium 4-aminobenzoate”, Jesby George, V. Sasikala, Lija K Joy, D. Sajan, T. Arumanayagam, P. Murugakoothan, G. Vinitha, Optical Materials 89 48-62 (2019)
- “Study on Growth, Electronic Structure, Topological and Nonlinear Optical Properties of Semi Organic material Sodium Sulfanilate Dehydrate”, B. S. Arunsasi, S.Alen, Lija K. Joy, D.Sajan, James, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 29 17887–17902 (2018)
- Twisted intramolecular charge transfer investigation of semi organic l-Glutamic acid hydrochloride single crystal for organic light-emitting and optical limiting applications”, Lija K. Joy, Merin George, Javeesh Alex, Arun Aravind, D. Sajan, G. Vinitha, Journal of Molecular Structure 1156,733-744(2018)
- “Quantitative structure and activity relationship on the biological, nonlinear and the spectroscopic properties of the Schiff base material: 4-chloro-4′ bromobenzylidene aniline”, Nimmy L John, Lija K Joy, M Saravana Kumar, SS Shaiju, A Subashini, D Sajan, Molecular Simulation, 43, 1-15 (2017).
- “A study on the magnetic properties of Gd–Sr based low bandwidth manganites in their bulk and thin film forms and evidence for magnetization reversal in bulk Gd0.7Sr0.3MnO3”, Lija K Joy, Senoy Thomas and M R Anantharaman, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 398, 174–182 (2016).
- “Evidence for enhanced optical properties through plasmon resonance energy transfer in silver silica nanocomposites”, Beena Mol, Lija K Joy, Hysen Thomas, Vinoy Thomas, Cyriac Joseph, T. N. Narayanan, Salim Al – Harthi, N. V. Unnikrishnan and M R Anantharaman, Nanotechnology, 27, 085701 (2016).
- “Size effect on the colossal thermoelectric power in charge ordered small band width manganites based on Gd-Sr”, Lija K Joy, Durgesh Singh, P M Sudeep, V Ganesan, P M Ajayan, Senoy Thomas and M R Anantharaman, Material Research Express 2, 055504 (2015).
- “Colossal Thermo Power in Charge Ordered Lanthanum Calcium Manganites (La0.5Ca0.5MnO3)”, Lija K. Joy, S. Shanmukharao Samatham, Senoy Thomas, V. Ganesan, Salim Al – Harthi, A. Liebig, M. Albrecht, and M. R. Anantharaman, Journal of Applied Physics,116, 213701 (2014).
- “Large Enhanced Dielectric Permittivity in Polyaniline Passivated Core-Shell Nano Magnetic Iron Oxide by Plasma Polymerization”, Lija K. Joy, V. Sooraj, U. S. Sajeev, Swapna S. Nair, T. N. Narayanan, N. Sethulakshmi, P. M. Ajayan and M. R. Anantharaman, Applied Physics Letters, 104, 121603 (2014).
- “Contact potential induced enhancement of magnetization in polyaniline coated nano magnetic iron oxides by plasma polymerization”,N. Sethulakshmi, V. Sooraj, U. S. Sajeev, Swapna S. Nair, T. N. Narayanan, P. A. Joy, Lija K. Joy,P. M. Ajayan, and M. R. Anantharaman, Applied Physics Letters, 103, 162414 (2013).
- “Structural and Magnetic Properties of Nickel Substituted Gadolinium Ferrite (GdFe1-xNixO3) R S Arun Raj, Rosmy Jose, D Sajan and Lija K Joy, International Conference on Modern Trends in Molecular Magnetism -2019 (MTMM-2019) held on 27-31 November 2019
- “Double Perovskite of Gd- Manganites Based on Fe/Cr as Potential Multiferroic Material” Rosmy Jose, Athira Maria, R.S Arun Raj, D. Sajan, Lija K Joy, International Conference on Modern Trends in Molecular Magnetism -2019 (MTMM-2019) held on 27-31 November 2019
- “ Substitution Effect on the Structural and Optical Properties of Nickel ferrite” Lija K Joy, R. S. Arun Raj and D. Sajan, International Conference on Optoelectronic and Nano Materials for Advanced Technology icONMAT 2019. January 3 -5 2019.
- “Effect of Sintering Temperature on the Structural and Optical Properties of Gallium Ferrite” R. S. Arun Raj, D Sajan and Lija K Joy, International Conference on Optoelectronic and Nano Materials for Advanced Technology icONMAT 2019. January 3 -5 2019.
- “Colossal Thermoelectric Power in Charge Ordered Manganites” Lija K. Joy and M. R. Anantharaman, National Seminar on Recent Trends in Biomaterials BIOMEET 2017 February 15-17 2017.
- “Colossal Thermoelectric Power in Charge Ordered Lanthanum Calcium Manganites”, Lija K. Joy, Senoy Thomas and M. R. Anantharaman, ICSTAR 2015, April 23-25, 2015.
- “Large Thermoelectric Power in Ca0.9Yb0.1MnO3 at Higher Temperature”, Lija K Joy and M R Anantharaman,National Conference on Advanced Technologies for Material Processing and Diagnostics, September 18-20, 2014.
- “Potential of Rare Earth Manganites for Thermoelectric Applications”, M R Anantharaman and Lija K. Joy, National Conference on Advanced Technologies for Material Processing and Diagnostics, September 18-20, 2014.
- “Thermo power and Magneto Electric Transport of Nanostructured Charge Ordered La0.5Sr0.5MnO3”, Lija K Joy, Senoy Thomas, S Shanmukharao Samatham, V. Ganesan, Rajeev Rawat and M R Anantharaman, International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (ICMagMA -2014), September 15-17, 2014.
- “Highly Efficient Thermo electric materials for Energy Harvesting Applications”; Lija K Joy and M R Anantharaman, National Seminar on Frontiers of Nanotechnology, March 6-7, 2014.
- “Magneto Electric transport and Thermo power properties of Charge Ordered Lanthanum Sodium Manganites”, Lija K Joy, Senoy Thomas, S Shanmukharao Samatham, V. Ganesan, Sudeep P M, Rajeev Rawat and M R Anantharaman, International Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (MagMA -2013), December 5-7, 2013.
- “Evidence for Existence of Spin Glass State in Single Phase Polycrystalline Gd0.99Sr0.01MnO3 through Structural and Magnetic Properties”, Lija K Joy, Senoy Thomas, Manfred Albrecht and M R Anantharaman , National Conference On Emerging Technologies for processing and Utilization of Beach Sand Minerals, March 1-2, 2013.
- “Effect of Thermal Annealing on the Optical Properties of Silver- Silica Nanocomposites”, Beena Mol, Lija K Joy, Hysen Thomas, Cyriac Joseph Vinoy Thomas T N Narayanan, N V Unnikrishnan and M R Anantharaman, India Israel Meeting on Material science and Nanoscience-IIMNN 2013,Jan 31-Feb 1,2013, Kottayam , India.
- International Conference on Modern Trends in Molecular Magnetism -2019 (MTMM-2019)
- The Second International Conference on Optoelectronic Materials and Thin films for Advanced Technology OMTAT 2013 January 3-5 2013.
- India Israel Meeting on Material science and Nanoscience-IIMNN 2013, Jan 31-Feb 1,2013
- National Conference on Magnetic Materials and Applications (MagMA -2012), March 12-13, 2012
- Third International Conference on Frontiers in Nanoscience and Technology Cochin Nano-2011
- First International Conference on Composites and Nano composites ICNC 2011 January 7-9 2011.
Workshops/Refresher Courses Attended
- 108th Orientation Course, Human Resource Development Centre, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 2019
- Winter School on Materials and Molecular Simulations Using Open Source Softwares: From Theory to Practice 16-22 october 2019
- Science Academies’ Refresher Course in Statistical mechanics 2 - 16 may 2018
- Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on Advances in High Energy Physics 12 to 14 July 2017
- Science Academies’ Lecture Workshop on Basics of Relativistic Quantum Mechanics and Field Theory 29th November- 1st December 2016 .
- 9th INUP Hands on Training April 23-27 2012
- National Workshop on Current Trends in Applied Physics 2015 , 29-30 April 2015
- UGC sponsored workshop on material characterization Tools and techniques 19-21 March 2015
- Pre- Conference Workshop Cochin Nano 2011 August 14 2011.
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Married
Date of Birth : 07-03-1987
Permanent Address : Vekkal House
Mavelikara Dr. Lija K Joy