The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the Department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Block. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell is constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
- Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
- Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
- Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
- Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
- Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
- Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint :
- The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
- The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
UGC Regulation on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions 2009
No: F.1-16/2007 (CPP-II) dated 13 April 2009
Ragging in all its forms is prohibited in the College Campus, including the departments, all its premises (academic, residential, sports, canteen, restrooms etc.), within the campus or outside it and all means of transportation whether public or private. The provisions of the Act of the Central Government and the State Governments if enacted will consider ragging as a cognizable offence under the law on a par with rape and other atrocities against women and ill-treatment of persons belonging to SC/ ST.
You can register your complaints with the following Phone Numbers.
Anti-ragging Helpline : 1800-180-5522
Helpline e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
KELSA Helpline : 9846700100
Superintendent of Police : 0477-2251326
Circle Inspector of Police : 0479-2344340/2344342
Police Station : 0479-2302238
Post your complaints/suggestions here...
Members of Students Grievances Redressal Cell:
- Dr. Sabu George (Principal)
- Dr. Jacob Chandy (Vice-Principal)
- Dr. Ranjith Mathew Abraham (IQAC Co-ordinator)
- Prof. V. I. Johnson (Staff Advisor), Associate Professor & Head of the Department of Malayalam
- Mrs.Anu Mathews, Associate Professor of History
- Capt. Cigi P George, Associate Professor of Physical Education
- Mr. John Thomas (College Union Chairman)