Name of the Investigator
|Title of the project and duration||Amount sanctioned||Funding Agency|
|Dr. Asha Ramachandran||Conservation strategies, Genotoxic studies and Phytochemical assay on Trichopus zeylanicus ssp. travancoricus Burkill ex Narayanan (2012-14)||2,00,000/-||UGC|
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS:
- Dinesh Raj R, Kiran AG, Thomas G (2010) Population genetic structure and conservation priorities of Oryzarufipogon Griff. populations in Kerala, India. Current Science 98:65-68
- Varghese G, Jose M, Dinesh Raj R,Bocianowski J, Thomas G and Omanakumari N (2014) Quantitative and molecular analyses reveal a deep genetic divergence between the ancient medicinal rice (Oryza sativa) Njavara and syntopic traditional cultivars. Annals of Applied Biology 164:95-106
- Asha R. and J. E. Thoppil (2011) Genotoxic effect of the leaf extract of Eupatorium triplinerve (Asteraceae). Journal of Cytology and Genetics 12, 65-70
- Asha R. And Aswathy R. (2012) Cytotoxic Potential of Justiciaadhatoda (Acanthaceae). Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Trends in Molecular Biology (RTMB 2012). 19-22.
- Asha R. And Rogimon P. Thomas (2014) Ethnobotany and Benefit Sharing Models –A Review. Proceedings of the National Seminar on Ethnobotany and Plant Genetic Resource Management. 50-53.
- Prasanth G. Williams, Dulip Daniels A.E., Brijithlal N.D., BhagyaM., Prakash Williams .In vitro antibacterial activity of high altitude bryophytes against Drug resistant bacterial pathogens. Int Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 2015 (In Press) ISSN 0975-6299
- S. Krishnakumar, SinduDivakaran, G. Uma Shankar, Prakash G. Williams and M. Sasikumar. Extracelluler biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles (Ag-NPs) using Fusariumoxysporium (MTCC-2480) and its antibacterial efficacy against gram negative human pathogens. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2015, 7(1):62-67
- Williams GP, Gnanadesigan M, Ravikumar S. Biosorption and bio-kinetic properties of solar salternhalobacterial strains for managing Zn2+, As2+and Cd2+ ions. UGMB Geomicrobiology Journal, 2013, 30, 497–500(IF: 2.017;Manuscript ID: 732663)
- Williams GP, Gnanadesigan M, Ravikumar S. Isolation, identification and metal tolerance of halobacteial strains” Indian journal of Geo Marine Science 42(3) 2013;402-408 Manuscript No.IJMS/MS 1086/11
- Williams GP, Gnanadesigan M, Ravikumar S.Biosorption and bio-kinetic studies of halobacterial strains against Ni2+, Al3+ and Hg2+ metal ions. Bioresource Technology 107 (2012) 526–529 Mar;107:526-9. doi: 10.1016/j.biortech.2011.12.054. Epub 2011 Dec 17.(IF: 4.9)
- Pillai, S., S. Girija, P.G. Williams and M. Koshy. Impact of organic manure on the phytoremediation potential of Vetiveriazizanioides in chromium contaminated soil. Chemistry and Ecology, 2012 p.1-10
- Prasanth G. Williams, Dulip Daniels A.E., Brijithlal N.D., Bhagya M., Prakash Williams. In vitro antibacterial activity of high altitude bryophytes against drug resistant bacterial pathogens. Int. Journal of Pharma. and Bio Sciences 2015; ISSN 0975-6299.
- Krishnakumar, Sindu Divakaran, G. Uma Shankar, Prakash G. Williams and M. Sasikumar. Extracelluler biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles (Ag-NPs) using Fusarium oxysporium (MTCC-2480) and its antibacterial efficacy against gram negative human pathogens. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 2015, 7(1):62-67.
- Lubaina A.S, Jyothi Lekshmi G, Brijithlal ND, Murugan K, India.“Screening of Phytochemicals and its Antioxidant Potentialities from Pallavicinia lyellii - a Thalloid Liverwort ”International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research ISSN 0976-044X 15: 492
- Lubaina AS, Soumya R. Raj, Brijithlal ND and Murugan K. Phytochemical analysis and bactericidal potentiality of Pogonatum microstomum World Journal of Pharmaceutical ResearchVolume 4, Issue 10, 1692-1704.
- Prasanth G. Williams, M. Reginald Appavoo, Brijithlal N.D., Reshma Surendran, and G. Prakash Williams. (2016) In Vitro Antibacterial Activity, Phytochemical Analysis and Inhibitory Concentration of Bryophytes against Drug Resistant Bacterial Pathogens. Manuscript ID: BI-1450, International Journal of Advanced Biotechnology and Research 7(2): 669-676
- Prasanth G. Williams, M. Reginald Appavoo, Brijith Lal N.D, Athira Aravind, Prakash Williams. Antibacterial activity and phytochemical analysis of selected bryophytes against penicillin resistant bacterial pathogens, South Indian Journal Of Biological Sciences 2016; 2(3); 360-366.
- Prakash Williams, Anju Anand, Parvathy A., Rakky C. Raj, Robert Raju and S. Krishna kumar. In vitroantibacterial potential of halophilic bacterial secondary metabolites from salted fish” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research 8(4): 235-239
- Beena, V. L. Subhash, C. P. and Brijithlal, ND (2016) Studies on antidiabetic activity of Aegle marmelos (l.) Corr. serr. in normal and alloxan induced diabetic rats. Asian journal of Science and technology07: 11, 3880-3885
- Lubaina AS, Brijithlal ND and K Murugan (2016) Unravelling desiccation and rehydration tolerance mechanism in the fern, Adiantum latifolium. Biosci. Biotech. Res. Comm. 9(4): 672-679 (2016)
- Lubaina A.S., Brijithlal N.D. and Murugan K. (2016) Phytochemical analysis and antioxidant potentiality of Premna serratifolia - an aromatic medicinal plant. World Journal of pharmaceutical Research 5(12), 841-852
- Jisha, S., Sheriff, J.T. and Padmaja, G. 2010. Nutritional and functional properties of extrudates from blends of cassava flour with cereal and legume flours. International Journal of Food Properties,13: 5,1002 - 1011.
- Jisha, S., Padmaja, G., and Sajeev, M.S. 2010. Nutritional and textural studies on dietary fiber enriched muffins and biscuits from cassava based composite flours. Vol. 33, No. S1Food Quality, pp. 79-99.
- Raju,R.,Thomas,R. P., Thomas, M., Kiran V.S. and Paul, J. Antibacterial activities of some Indian tralatitious plant extracts. International Journal of Research in Botany. Volume 4(1):6-8, 2014.
- Prasanth G. Williams, Dulip Daniels A.E., Brijithlal N.D.,, G. Prakash Williams .In vitro antibacterial activity of high altitude bryophytes against Drug resistant bacterial pathogens. Int Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences 2015 (In Press) ISSN 0975-6299