- National Service Scheme
- Science Club
- Sports Club
- Bhoomimithra Club
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Womens Study Unit
- National Cadet Corps
- Debate Club
- Literary Club
- Nature Club
Entrepreneurship Development Club
The objective of this club is to develop the latent entrepreneurial talent in the students. The club organizes seminars, workshops, motivation campaigns, and industry visits. It functions in association with the District Industries Centre of the Government of Kerala.View more photos
National Service Scheme
National Service Scheme (NSS) aims at arousing social consciousness of the youth with an overall objective of personality development of the students through community service. There are two NSS units in the college which foster social commitment and civic responsibility through various activities. The NSS units of the college were adjudged as the Best Unit of the Kerala University twice and one Programme Officer twice adjudged as the best Programme Officer. Our volunteers have participated in Republic Day Parades and in many National level Camps.
Science Club is one of the actively working extension activities of the college having 40 hours of working in the 3rd and 4th semesters of the degree course. Having started onlythree years back, the club has organized several programmes, which contributed a lot for the personal development of the students. All the students of the last three batches had their weekly meetings which included presentations, discussions, debates and quiz. In addition, the first batch in 2011 made a visit to SB College, Changanacherry for the Science Exhibition. The second batch, on 13th February, 2013 conducted an Interschool Science Quiz Competition, as part of National Science Day Celebrations. The third batch, on 10th October, 2013 conducted a Space Quiz competition for the college students. A lecture series based on the Nobel Prize winning topics was organized by the club in the month of November. On 26th February, 2014, under the leadership of science club, all the science departments of the college organized a Science Exhibition which was visited by students of nearby schools. M. Sc. students of the college also have taken classes for the students. In 2015 and 2016, National Science Day Celebrations were oganized. The club is continuing its journey with flying colors, extending its activities, this year also with special emphasis on programmes related to International Year of Pulses.
Co-odinator: Dr. Arun Aravind, Assistant Pofessor in Physics .
Sports today is an integral part of the all round development of the human personality and achieving excellence in sports has great bearing on national prestige and morale. In order to meet the increasing demands of the changing scenario, national as well as international, college has taken it upon itself to implement programs to promote Health awareness. Our college sports club has been focusing to develop an understanding of the importance of sport in the pursuit of a healthy and active lifestyle at the College and beyond. To provide the opportunity to be inventive and creative in sporting activities, promote an awareness of and an ability to appreciate the aesthetic qualities of sporting performance and movement, and help to develop leadership skills and foster qualities of co-operation, tolerance, consideration, trust and responsibility when faced with group and team problem-solving tasks.
Organize intercollegiate championship
Organize inter Department matches
Sports science Exhibitions
Physical fitness and community
Bishop Moore College is one of the Colleges affiliated to University of Kerala which is striving hard to attain the ultimate grades of excellence. ‘Campus- A venue for Environmental Enrichment’ is the idea that motivates the College community in its march to excellence. The Bhoomitrasena Scheme of the College also reflects this in their activities. Bhoomithra Sena Club has been functioning in our college with the financial support of the Directorate of Environment and Climate Change, Government of Kerala The Bhoomitrasena Scheme of Bishop Moore College has a unit started in the year 2010. The unit organizes and participates in various environmental programmes. The unit is lead by the Faculty in Charge, Dr. Prakash G. Williams, Assistant Professor of Biotechnology, Department of Botany and Biotechnology. Fifty of the S3 and S4 undergraduate students are the members of this scheme.
Faculty in Charge:
· Dr Prakash G. Williams, Assistant Professor of Biotechnology
. Mr. Dipu Joseph, Assistant Professor of Political Science
.Ms. Asha Ramachandran, Assistant Professor of Botany
.Ms. Santhi W.S. Assistant professor of Biotechnology
.Ms.Assistant professor of Zoology
.Mr. Sibi John, Lab assistant, Biotechnology
.Ms. Sibi, Lab assistant, Zoology
WOMEN'S STUDY UNIT
Women’s Study Unit functions in collaboration with the Women Empowerment Cell in the College. The unit organizes women empowerment programmmes and deals with women’s issues. Ms.Bhagyalakshmi Mohan,Assistant Professor of English, is the faculty in-charge of the Women’s Study Unit.
The Unit organized several programmes during the academic year 2015-16. Thirty two undergraduate students are members of this unit.
- Poem Writing Competition on ‘woman’: A poem writing competition was organized in the college. The topic was ‘Woman’. Saritha of S5 English who wrote the poem ‘married woman’(Vivahitha) got the first prize andAbhirami of MA English who wrote the poem ‘I am a woman’(Njan Sthreeyanu) got the second prize.
- Lectures on Women Empowerment: J Prameela Devi,Member,Kerala State Women’s Commission,delivered a lecture on Women Empowerment on 12.01.2016 at the college seminar hall. Dr.Divya S,Assistant Professor, Dept. of English,Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara delivered a lecture on the Importance of Women’s Education on 29.03.16 at the College seminar hall. (add pic here Bhagyalakshmi Mohan introducing Dr. J Prameela Devi)
- Women’s Day Celebrations: Women’s Day Celebration of the college was organized by the women’s study unit on 8.02.16 in the college auditorium. The students were given an opportunity to open food stalls. An exhibition cum sale of homemade and hand made products was organized exclusively by the female students in the college auditorium. Dr.Leelamma George, the first lady principal of the college, gave a talk on Society and Women.
- Valedictory Session: The valedictory function of this academic year was held on 7.06.16. The various programmes organized by the Women Study Unit were reviewed in the session and feedbacks and suggestions of the members were collected regarding the working of the club and its improvement.